Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homesick

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
afternoon all

sitting here in the office in NYC longing to be back in good old sussex by the sea enjoying a round of golf with the boys followed by a few sharpeners in the pub before heading off tomorrow to see the boys in blue and white

:nono:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
afternoon all

sitting here in the office in NYC longing to be back in good old sussex by the sea enjoying a round of golf with the boys followed by a few sharpeners in the pub before heading off tomorrow to see the boys in blue and white

:nono:

Get yourself down to W33rd Street
Get into Foley's, have a few beers and check out the Albion stuff on the walls.
Might make you feel better.:ascarf:
Might make you feel worse :down:

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Get yourself down to W33rd Street
Get into Foley's, have a few beers and check out the Albion stuff on the walls.
Might make you feel better.:ascarf:
Might make you feel worse :down:

Cheers for that.... might head to the Red Lion (Bleecker St) tomoz for the footy or will check out the new footy bar over near me in Williamsburg, Brooklyn on Berry and North 12th - its owned by a German and Italian and they have kitted it out in preparation for the world cup next year... I plan on spending 2 weeks in there next July... I will fly back to England if we make the final (highly unlikely but you can only dream)

My daily fix of Falmer updates on here has got me through the summer, it looks like its going to be a long winter on the pitch though

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Do you know if Foleys has Kopparberg Mixed fruits ? I can only get hold of the pear version over here....

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
You may have missed the beer but very little on the football scene,unfortunately no indication of any improvement.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
thats what I was afraid of - last game was when we best Man City.... long time ago !

some consolation is that I get 3 games live on a sat - early KO, 3pm KO and the late game.

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
KAM – me and Goldstone are aiming to see the Southampton game at Nevada Smiths if you are about. Their TV fixtures list does not go up to the 15th yet but hopefully it will be screened there as they normally show a good variety of games.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
KAM – me and Goldstone are aiming to see the Southampton game at Nevada Smiths if you are about. Their TV fixtures list does not go up to the 15th yet but hopefully it will be screened there as they normally show a good variety of games.

Cheers Lyndhurst - sounds like a plan - maybe we can get a Seagulls over NYC meeting organised.... Will keep an eye on a few other places that may show it as well just in case NS isnt showing it

Where else do you normally watch the footy in NYC ?

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Quality pic by the way - i quite like taking a trip to Brighton Beach just to check out the Russian Mafia down there followed by a stroll along the broadwalk to Coney Island....

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA

I'm pretty sure the Southampton game should be on at least ESPN 360 if you have it. Might be another week until I can confirm.They seem to have at least one football league game each week and I think it might be that one.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I'm pretty sure the Southampton game should be on at least ESPN 360 if you have it. Might be another week until I can confirm.They seem to have at least one football league game each week and I think it might be that one.

Cheers Mike - have been reluctant so far to sign up for it but if its on there then that might tip the balance

Now... If only FSC would broadcast in HD

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Where else do you normally watch the footy in NYC ?

There's quite a few bars in the UES that show the sky stuff as there's a big British expat community up there.

I've got some friends over next week and we're going to Primorskis on Brighton Beach, looks like a good restaurant from their website with lots of Russian totty.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Sounds good - havent been out much in the UES yet (ive been here for 18 months !) theres a pretty good expat lot over in Brooklyn as well - allot of Spurs fans though.... ah well you cant have everything !

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
It was a bonus for signing up to AT&T Uverse package nonsense, massively overpriced but too lazy to go elsewhere. I imagine if it is broadcasted on ESPN360 someone might be nice enough set up a stream for people. :angel:

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
That would be nice indeed - my building is wired for TWC so have to put up with their shoddy service.... Fingers crossed its on somewhere

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Right, im off gents - have a great weekend - come on the albion and Im ooking forward to a Seagulls over NYC event soon

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Sounds good - havent been out much in the UES yet (ive been here for 18 months !) theres a pretty good expat lot over in Brooklyn as well - allot of Spurs fans though.... ah well you cant have everything !

We're EVERYWHERE, mate.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Foleys, Red Lion and Nevada Smiths! My 3 favourite NYC bars all mentioned on one thread. Thanks a lot. I wanna be there now!!!!

Guy, several programmes on their way to you by Monday.

Foley's NY Check out Shaun's latest baseball bet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here