Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home or Away - Not much difference really.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Home form : Played 14 Won 5 Drawn 6 Lost 3 Goals for 20 Against 13

Away form : Played 14 Won 5 Drawn 6 Lost 3 Goals for 20 Against 17

It just seems to be a bit bizarre, although I'd have to say I think it's a good thing as teams will be apprehensive about us visiting as much as the more usual apprehension of playing a team at their own ground. It shows we are consistant regardless of being home or away.
I know a lot of people are unhappy with the tactics / outcome especially the amount of games we have drawn but I think it's only a matter of our having Ulloa to finish off the chances we create and we will be turning teams over instead of letting them off the hook. If we do manage to get the Dutch kid then we'll be a certain bet for the play offs and the real possibility of winning them because finishing in the top 6 would be great but the heartbreak of losing out at that stage would really hurt. It would still be progress so I'd suffer it. I really do feel that van Dijk would be key to our getting through the play offs as I do not feel our current back four are strong enough to cope with the quality that the other teams with play off aspirations will have in attack.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Also just noticed that we have the equal fewest in the away loses column which is rather pleasing :thumbsup: Even Cardiff have lost more away games than us

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
All in all I think it just shows we are only a fraction off being where we want to be. My relief at last nights equaliser was mainly down to the fact that we may of had a binfest had we of lost with a decent into doom & gloom.

We are progressing & as long as we continue to do so I think most of the players we want will stay & fight another season to get where we want to be. Small margins are what separates a lot of teams in this division & our new addition increases our chances further again.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
If we could turn the losses at home into wins, we would really be in the play-off/promotion mix.

I don't think the away form is actually that shabby, despite the performance last night. :ascarf: (Although not one of our best ones admittedly!)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
All in all I think it just shows we are only a fraction off being where we want to be.

I would tend to agree with that. The only game this season where I've despaired is Watford. Otherwise it's been a frustrating season rather than a bad one. If we hadn't made a few individual errors in either penalty box we'd probably have about 10 points more than we currently do.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We are very close to being a top side in this division, the addition of Ulloa and a fit Vicente plus the rumoured Centre Half and I for one would be very very happy going into the remainder of this season and next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need 7 or 9 points from Wednesday :lolol: away, Hull at home, and Blackburn at home.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It will all come together, we just need patience but that's easy to say. It is so frustrating when we should be wrapping games up and don't. This is a very good division and virtually every game is exciting, I think most of us, myself included, are probably a little too impatient. I now expect Ulloa to transform us and Vicente to stay fit as we storm the league, obviously having beaten Arsenal in the Cup. If we don't it's binfest time :smile:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's the home form that's letting us down. 5 wins from 14, when I would say we've been the better side in 12 of the games, honours equal in 1 (Cardiff) & outplayed by Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here