Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home from Sheffield and I saw it live

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
You see it. You don't believe it. You don't want to write about it because a manager in front of a microphone will say a sight you don't remember.

To watch the chance to close to a play off place ruined by a reaction that defies belief, it really really cuts. One nil down but should win by two. In one moment two nil down and ten men and the world's gone mad. I honestly have never written about a referee's performance but when a lot of people go far away to cheer on the team in good nature and then the whole day and atmosphere is ruined in a single moment, you feel you have to say as you saw it.

Barnes was wrong. Rash, stroppy, clumsy. selfish, stupid. Red card? No no no.

I will wait to see it and might stand corrected. If so I have nothing to defend my observations but the blue and white tinted glasses that are stapled to my head. However, if one moment in a difficult season and I think a pivotal moment, is lost by one man's judgement rather than the effort of a squad over a year and the usual away support, then maybe, the one man has too much influence.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I hope you were not drinking,i would be but it can cloud judgement and PLEASE!!!!

Don't blame officials,it really does-BE HONEST NOW,even out over the season,think back to the decisions we have had in our favor,just take it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Whatever tinted glasses you had on it does not disguise the fact we convincingly crap today bar around a 10 minute spell just after half-time.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Refs in this league are f***ing shocking, but it's the same for all of the teams. We've had some shite decisions for and against, we can't keep blaming the refs!

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
You guys just shine.

You ask an open question to a forum, with the caveat of maybe I was wrong. But you've obviously seen the game on TV with the angles, so I stand corrected.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
My first reaction seeing the Barnes' incident at the time was that it didn't look good because he clearly reacted to the previous tackle on him and it looked a foot first lunge. The Ref had a good view of both events. However it didn't look like a lot of contact and the Sheff Weds player went down easily so wasn't sure it warranted a Red card.

But now I've seen it on TV I admit it was an obvious Red and just looks like Barnes had a red mist and took the law into his own hands following the previous challenge. It was naive to say the least especially with such a trigger happy Ref. I think a lot of the frustration on here tonight is as much to do with them scoring a soft-ish goal from the resulting free kick which makes Barnes rush of blood all the more painful. We got punished twice for his error of judgement. Sorry but he has to take responsibility for that, which is a pity after his recent performances.

After that and with other Albion players on yellows and Sheff Weds players making a meal of challenges I really feared the Ref could easily give another Red against us. Ulloa was a tad unlucky with his yellow but was timely that Gus took him off. I also feared that Calderon was looking odds on for a card as the Ref seemed to lose patience with his passionate representations, even as as Captain.

To compound it the Ref and his assistants missed two potential Red cards for Sheff Weds players, one for the lunge on Calderon and the other a blatant off the ball kick at El Abd.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You guys just shine.

You ask an open question to a forum, with the caveat of maybe I was wrong. But you've obviously seen the game on TV with the angles, so I stand corrected.

I have not seen or heard today's game,i just hope you were sober that's all when in attendance,to give a truer picture,were you? if so i stand corrected,however if a single drop of the "devil" passed you lips,you may now stand..........waits

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The one on Calderon looked a red on the telly. Oh we'll just one of those days. Can't see us making the play-offs if we play like that too often!

Added to that the one on Barnes early on and the one on Orlandi finally the attempted kick out on the floor on El Abd. Doesn't excuse the pitiful defending for the goals but the ref was sooo so bad it become a joke. Only he knows why he was so bad but when contemplating this evening whilst sitting in his armchair in his Sheffield home the ref will look back on a successful day. The fat, whippet cock sucking, bald old, very old ****

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Barnes suspended for three now no....? violent conduct..?? if so it will give the anti-barnesanistas a good oppurtunity to see how we do without him... gus saying in press he's not going to say much to him...FFS.....the rest of the team should be allowed to pelt his arse with hard-boiled eggs...........idiot...!!!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watched it and red but then so was the challenge on Calde if the ref was consistent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here