Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Holmsdale Fanatics trip to Henfield

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
One of our homes games v Palace an official Palace van pulled into Tesco car park Uckfield a few hours before KO, and two lads went in and purchased some items. 100% official staff but I couldn't work out how they got to Uckfield. Tempted to let their tyres down but wifey said no.

From their training ground driving down the A22 works as saves trying to get through Croydon and Purley on a Saturday.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
My daughter lives in Henfield high street. Apparently, drunken, underage yoof rampaging through a Sussex backwater does not feature highly on her daily gossip....she has got the recollection of Dory, mind

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Nothing like showing how hard you are by mobbing up in a pub 12 miles away from any of your rival fans.
The non-spotty, black anorak wearing, wannabe ultra palace fans tend to avoid drinking in Brighton. Over the years the Shore Bar in Seaford and Dinkum Pub in Polegate have been a pre-match watering hole.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One of our homes games v Palace an official Palace van pulled into Tesco car park Uckfield a few hours before KO, and two lads went in and purchased some items. 100% official staff but I couldn't work out how they got to Uckfield. Tempted to let their tyres down but wifey said no.
They stay at the East Sussex National - a lot of away teams do. Ps - Should have let them down still.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve been in Seaford a couple of years and haven’t seen any of the unwashed in these parts either.
There are a fair few Palace living in Seaford….Don’t blame them moving away from Croydon and South London :smile:
One home match in the early years at the Amex the police closed all the Seaford pubs in the afternoon before the evening match v Palace.
One pub landlord had invited a coach or minibus full of their fans to his pub, I heard they weren’t hooligan types, and not sure exactly why the other pubs got closed.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Boooo....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only just found out about this. Apparently a minibus with about 15/20 boys in black from Croydon, stopped off in Henfield a couple of Fridays back, not a clue why. Shop doors locked as they messed things up in the larger and smaller supermarket.
Seems a pointless exercise, unless anyone knows different?
Well they can run amok in Budgens if they so desire, shortly to close and be taken over by Sainsbury's. The staff won't care, many of them aren't being taken on by the new owners allegedly.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
The non-spotty, black anorak wearing, wannabe ultra palace fans tend to avoid drinking in Brighton. Over the years the Shore Bar in Seaford and Dinkum Pub in Polegate have been a pre-match watering hole.
I suggest that we encourage them all to meet-up at The Shore in Seaford and have a good old knees-up…..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well they can run amok in Budgens if they so desire, shortly to close and be taken over by Sainsbury's. The staff won't care, many of them aren't being taken on by the new owners allegedly.
Ah, I remember when it was Tobitts.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My father's family go way way back in Henfield. My grandfather was a baker in Cruttendens before and after WW1.
Very interesting, we could have done with interviewing you when we were putting together our local village history society some years ago, Cowfold is only up the road and you might have had a few memories of those long lost times..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very interesting, we could have done with interviewing you when we were putting together our local village history society some years ago, Cowfold is only up the road and you might have had a few memories of those long lost times..
I know Cowfold too. My cousin and his wife lived in the flat at Long House. My great grandparents came from Twineham.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know Cowfold too. My cousin and his wife lived in the flat at Long House. My great grandparents came from Twineham.
You have me intrigued now.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I remember happy times at the Wheatsheaf and some cracking steak suppers. Not been for yonks but it seems it has gone all haloumi and polenta chips now.

And there used to be a cracking tea rooms in Cowfold. Tea and scones. Mmmmmmmm. yums

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Only just found out about this. Apparently a minibus with about 15/20 boys in black from Croydon, stopped off in Henfield a couple of Fridays back, not a clue why. Shop doors locked as they messed things up in the larger and smaller supermarket.
Seems a pointless exercise, unless anyone knows different?
You backed Palace against us back in the day. Any other stuff you have made up recently? A few years back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here