Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holmesdale Fanatics Press Release

rool

Jul 10, 2003
For me, the tinpot label is due to the neediness of the club. So desperate for some form of identity, to be something they are not. Whether that is changing colours to look like Barcelona, selecting a nickname/ emblem that they thought was cool, hiring in an ultra group and letting them assume control.

That's why I use tinpot for Palace.
Claiming to be the oldest club and changing the club badge to reflect that?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Serious question. What do "normal" Palace fans – and we all know they exist – make of the lads in black and their pseudo-Ultra posturing?

Do they find them as laughable as everybody else in football? Do they regard them as the heart and soul of their fanbase? Do they wish they would go away? Do they find them harmless and easy to ignore?

I realise there will be lots of different perspectives. But I wonder if there is one overriding feeling among those who don't call themselves Holmesdale Fanatics.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Serious question. What do "normal" Palace fans – and we all know they exist – make of the lads in black and their pseudo-Ultra posturing?
One I know, really decent guy, doesn't go any more as he was kicked out of his seat (well, asked to move and he said no) in the lower tier of the Holmesdale Road when Parish agreed to move the HF to the middle of the stand.

Do they find them as laughable as everybody else in football? Do they regard them as the heart and soul of their fanbase? Do they wish they would go away? Do they find them harmless and easy to ignore?

I realise there will be lots of different perspectives. But I wonder if there is one overriding feeling among those who don't call themselves Holmesdale Fanatics.
My TWO palace supporting mates are split, one rates them, the other despises them. One group of fans are left wing, the HF, the other groups, are the cliche youths and on the right. It shouldn't be like that, but, I see the political splits at Brighton, too, another discussion for another time.

All in all, I think they split the fans in half as either embarrassing or a credit to their club.

Either way, we all know how EMBARRASSING they really are and my god, they are the gift that keeps on giving, particularly this week.

Hodgson hahahahahahahahah

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
One I know, really decent guy, doesn't go any more as he was kicked out of his seat (well, asked to move and he said no) in the lower tier of the Holmesdale Road when Parish agreed to move the HF to the middle of the stand.
I know another in this exact situation. He was absolutely furious at the club with the way they handled it and until the game against us this season hadn't been back. He has absolutely no time for the black clad morons.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I know another in this exact situation. He was absolutely furious at the club with the way they handled it and until the game against us this season hadn't been back. He has absolutely no time for the black clad morons.
The one I know blames Parish more than the HF, purely for being weak and giving in to them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Many fans, too, are unconvinced. There was a smattering of boos among away fans at Arsenal when Parish’s image was flashed up on the TV screens on the Emirates concourse, and at a meeting with the Holmesdale Fanatics ultras group last week – rescheduled from earlier in the season – Parish was told that Hodgson’s reappointment would not be welcomed."

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just read in the Athletic that Steve Parish had a meeting with the Always Ultras last week (seriously!), and they expressed their dissatisfaction with Vieira being replaced by Hodgson. Which frankly makes it all the more astonishing that he's appointed Uncle Roy. Has he ever gone against the will of the AUs before? I thought whatever they say goes. Surely he can't survive as chairman after such an outrageous slight on his personal board of advisors.

(c) Matt Woosnam, The Athletic
Many fans, too, are unconvinced. There was a smattering of boos among away fans at Arsenal when Parish’s image was flashed up on the TV screens on the Emirates concourse, and at a meeting with the Holmesdale Fanatics ultras group last week – rescheduled from earlier in the season – Parish was told that Hodgson’s reappointment would not be welcomed.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
For me, the tinpot label is due to the neediness of the club. So desperate for some form of identity, to be something they are not. Whether that is changing colours to look like Barcelona, selecting a nickname/ emblem that they thought was cool, hiring in an ultra group and letting them assume control.

You forgot the "new" stand.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I have a few Palace mates including an old colleague who was kicked out of his seat so that the Ultras could have it. He had never been back and says unless Parish leaves, he will not. The others are split on Parish they think his heart is in the right place, but out of his depth now. All of them hate the Ultras and the Embarresment they bring to the club.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011

Interesting, as didnt Albion change their nickname from Dolphins to Seagulls?

I am also aware that you consider many other teams to be tinpot, obviously starting with the Sheffield Massive

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

I am also aware that you consider many other teams to be tinpot, obviously starting with the Sheffield Massive

How's the new stand doing by the way?

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011

I personally like the energy they bring to the games at Selhurst, but I am not sure they should always get the special treatment they deserve, with reserved seats for away games. However, there is a significant number of the fans who are not black clad hoodie wearers but middle aged men that just try to bring something extra to the team.
Roy's return is certainly polarising, I dont personally know whether the HF are for or against, but they will still be there for the remaining games, trying to inspire the team

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011

Are you seriously trying to claim that your silly little club is not the most noddy, tinpot outfit in the league? :ROFLMAO:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here