Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hollywood's 100 Favourite Films

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I think Titanic does have some merits however the depiction of Officer Murdoch shooting passengers is incredibly disrespectful. The man worked to the end trying to launch the lifeboats and the film-makers had the nerve to send executives to apologise to his relatives....and then leave the scene in the film :facepalm:

Its one of my all time hated pictures. The idea of Jack and Rose having an "across the divide" relationship with him sauntering around the first class decks like he owns the yard. He would have been thrown overboard in 1912 if he carried on like that.

Billy Zane should have just shot him like the classless oik he was and we could have settled down & enjoyed the CGI. Why does Hollywood have to infantilise these stories?

When you watch "a night to remember" you are deeply moved. Titanic just makes you want to move your bowels. The difference? One is British. The other isn't.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its one of my all time hated pictures. The idea of Jack and Rose having an "across the divide" relationship with him sauntering around the first class decks like he owns the yard. He would have been thrown overboard in 1912 if he carried on like that.

Billy Zane should have just shot him like the classless oik he was and we could have settled down & enjoyed the CGI. Why does Hollywood have to infantilise these stories?

When you watch "a night to remember" you are deeply moved. Titanic just makes you want to move your bowels. The difference? One is British. The other isn't.

Titanic is an odd one. It got pretty much 5 star reviews across the board from the critics when it came out. I think it is a decent film and liked it. Time seems to have judged it a pile of shite and I do not agree with that.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

This. The only pluses I can think of are the depiction of the sinking and very realistic set. What makes the poor quality of the Jack and Rose story all the more comical is the fact that Cameron at least partly ripped it off a 1943 Nazi propaganda film.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think I've seen them all.

Number 95

Amelie
Pans Labyrinth
Seven Samurai

And the English
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I think Slumdog Millionaire is English, too.

thank you
95 still to low IMHO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here