Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway unhappy with strike force!

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Was this the same Williams subbed at half time in your last game, you know the one against your rivals. The ones who beat you 3 - 0

do keep up old chap you seem to have forgotten the other 3-0 and the 1-3 and Williams was the one that ran you lot ragged on 27/9/11

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Now let me get this right.

The hypocrites up the road keep saying that all we do is get in old players on huge wages?

Now they have taken our 30 year old highest earner in Dobbie.

They have now taken on a 32 year old ex world cup player, who has scored 8 goals in 37 appearances in the last 2 years, who wont come cheap.

A good 39 year old championship player who also will not have come cheap.

They have a first team squad of 31 to our 24 and at minimum of £10k a year, they are paying around £60k a year more then us.
How can they afford to do this on such low gates?

They criticise all other clubs for spending too much money chasing the Premiership dream, well it is looking a little like sh*t or bust for them again.

wow you seem to know so much

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
And they are offering Murray a 1million a year contract, maybe.

The strategy is spend, spend, spend the Zaha cash.

Shouldn't take to long - what with the rest of the first-teamers looking at their wage packets & fancyin' a hefty pay rise c/o the Haha millions. Still, better to spend it on them than all those creditors who didn't even manage to claw back a big juicy penny in the £...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
do keep up old chap you seem to have forgotten the other 3-0 and the 1-3 and Williams was the one that ran you lot ragged on 27/9/11

Oh yes those games, 1st season back in the championship with mostly league one players and the other where we had 10 men and a winger at left back, who hen had his ribs broke... I remember.

Different when we have 11 v. 11 and we still didn't have our full squad to offer.

You are only as good as your last game...that makes you pretty shit.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
why are we bothered about what Palace do anyway? As the saying goes "you're as good as your last match"....end of.

ps - another saying "a fool and his money are easily parted"....let's wait and see

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It looks to me that he is panicking. I thought he was back in January when he brought in Phillips and Dobbie.

Probably with the position he inherited the club from if they don't go up it he thinks everyone will think he has failed.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Oh yes those games, 1st season back in the championship with mostly league one players and the other where we had 10 men and a winger at left back, who hen had his ribs broke... I remember.

Different when we have 11 v. 11 and we still didn't have our full squad to offer.

You are only as good as your last game...that makes you pretty shit.

So shit we are 6 points ahead of you? Funny how you forget that :whistle:

You bring up excuses about your defeats in the other games, well he's some for you if you really want to go down that route. We were missing 3 of our first choice back 4 (Ward, Gabbidon and McCarthy) and our main assist maker (Garvan). See, we can all play at that game.

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It looks to me that he is panicking. I thought he was back in January when he brought in Phillips and Dobbie.

Probably with the position he inherited the club from if they don't go up it he thinks everyone will think he has failed.

Or maybe it's just because we have sent out another striker (Easter) on loan so we were one striker short in the squad?

And no, nobody will judge it as a failure if we don't go up. Whereas you lot must have spent around £5 million just on 2 strikers in the past 2 seasons so I'd say the pressure is more on Gus to deliever.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So shit we are 6 points ahead of you? Funny how you forget that :whistle:

You bring up excuses about your defeats in the other games, well he's some for you if you really want to go down that route. We were missing 3 of our first choice back 4 (Ward, Gabbidon and McCarthy) and our main assist maker (Garvan). See, we can all play at that game.

The most recent match between us is all that i care about and we played you off the park. Job done.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Whereas you lot must have spent around £5 million just on 2 strikers in the past 2 seasons so I'd say the pressure is more on Gus to deliever.

Why do you exaggerate on every figure you quote, is it a size problem?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How many £8million players get subbed off at half time in a championship match because they are being totally outclassed by a one cap Scottish International?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here