Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway no happy

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They think they have a chance of getting Bendtner as well, Deluded lot.
Bent was never going to go to a club that is going to struggle all season. Just a ploy by his agent to get another club to come in for him.
Like when he signed for charlton, Sunderland and villa?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Feck me Soggy, if your shower ever make the promise land,old Tone will be rich again .

I think what you actually mean is he'll be richer than what he already is at the moment.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Darren Bent had agreed to a medical at various clubs, he, or more likely his agent, was working late into the night trying to get the best offer.

Sad, but true. Anyone who really believes these players want to join a particular club is kidding themselves. Money is king for these players.

which isnt strictly relevant in this case as its a loan. shirley they cant be pay more than his current wages otherwise they'd just have signed him outright?

on the other hand, assuming you have the same money, one was from an established Premiership club under Martin Jol, the other was a newly promoted with no notable signings under farmer Holloway, which would you chose?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
He who shouts loudest etc etc etc, responding to a couple of sentences with half an essay and so on and so on days it all.

Yeah im sure it does, keep telling yourself that ???
You are in my thoughts, well not really my life is great :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Aren't they entitled to get at least some of their investment back?

I'm sure TB is expecting a return on his investment at some time in the future as well, and as long as that doesn't jeopardise the club's overall financial position I won't complain when he does take money out.

As regards all the "banter" about CP's relegation I find this a bit embarrassing when we are on the same number of points as them having played two games more. :blush:

Of course they're entitled to get back what they've put in but will the Palace fans see it that way when £20M is set aside from the parachute payments ? I would expect the same scenario to happen to us once we're in the Premier but the aim is to stay there for more than one season.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I wouldn't worry about Buzzer too much, all Palace fans are trolls and he hates us with a passion.
He even posts pictures of himself sticking two fingers up to an empty Palace pub , he hates us that much.

Thats why I ignore him, he is just a bit of a knob.

Reducing the capacity to roughly 24,500 means they don't have to do a thousand Groupon offers or resort to the kids for a quid scheme. They don't want to be bottom of the league in the % of capacity sold too.

Fair play to them - CPFC2010 stuck to their guns and will only give Spurs 2.6k so that the remainder of the ground can be filled with Palace. However, they've now found out they can't fill the remainder of the ground with Palace so they've lowered the capacity. I would have taken the "Saints option" and given the opposing fans 6k each match and pocketed the extra cash.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think the Wurzel might be gone before XMas - which might be a good thing for you. However, I can't see your speed hoofball working over a season in the Prem.

I am hoping that you are 10 points adrift with about 2 months to go - then I will stick a bet on you to survive and if the miracle happens it will pay for my Albion season ticket 2014-2015 - and if not, it will be money well spent to see you drop.:thumbsup:

I think the Spanish messiah will be gone first, you flair lovers ain't loving the plan b ( that's long ball in laymans terms)
No signings in sight, and no points either, but at least he came through the ranks at Barca .

I think the Spanish messiah will be gone first, you flair lovers ain't loving the plan b ( that's long ball in laymans terms)
No signings in sight, and no points either, but at least he came through the ranks at Barca .

You might be right.

I saw on the BBC this evening that the bottom club in the Prem this season will receive £60m - I nearly choked on me popsicle.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Half the signings last year 'weren't in sight', we'll see what happens at the end of the transfer window. As for Oscar, well many don't like to admit it but Gus took a lot of stick for the style of football we played. I suspect that we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

Hollaway will be gone by Christmas, well either that or sectioned. It going to be a very rough ride .... enjoy!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Last year our none of our signings were 'in sight' before they happened. Our club doesn't brag about them on twitter or on internet messageboards before the ink is dry - unlike Prince Charming and crew :lolol:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Last year our none of our signings were 'in sight' before they happened. Our club doesn't brag about them on twitter or on internet messageboards before the ink is dry - unlike Prince Charming and crew :lolol:

How confident you feeling about our bet BV?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Why would you think that? At the end of the day you boys all mouthed off about how we were going to get thumped all year and so far you have a 100% loss rate including one to a team that was none league 3 months ago. We know we'll lose out on a lot of deals to bigger clubs. That's life amongst the big boys. In the mean time your lot can't even beat minnows.

I sincerely hope that your post has now made you feel a little better. You have my sympathy.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I'm sure that fact makes you feel all gooey inside.
I prefer the feeling of beating you when it mattered, and gain our rightful place above you ( again)
Some things stay in your memory until your dying day, and that victory ranks alongside the 4-3 semi win over Liverpool.

What about the 9-0 spanking BY Liverpool....

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
FFS Don't mention BENEFITS on a thread that the Nigels are posting on , they'll all be here in a minute.

Hello Grimbo , I see your backing up your bestest mate again . Is he your friend with benefits ?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

And which team last season started crap.....Palace...fair play you turned it around, but early games are no indication of the progress through the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here