Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Holloway admits culpability for shit start, and takes his ball home.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ian-holloway-leaving-crystal-palace-2643817

It does look as though Parish did give him a little elbow in the end?

I offered my resignation to the chairman immediately and, after we had both slept on it, Steve decided that a change was necessary.

It seems Ollie offered his resignation after the Fulham game, and was told to sleep on it. When he was still in that frame of mind next day, Parish had to plan ahead.
It was obvious Ollie had lost his mojo and wanted a break.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It seems Ollie offered his resignation after the Fulham game, and was told to sleep on it. When he was still in that frame of mind next day, Parish had to plan ahead.
It was obvious Ollie had lost his mojo and wanted a break.

Holloways version there does contradict Parish's version, of I try hard to talk him out of it though doesn't it?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Holloways version there does contradict Parish's version, of I try hard to talk him out of it though doesn't it?

Ollie's on damage limitation mode, he doesn't want to be seen as a bottler.
You can't carry on with a manager who's heart isn't in it, you lot should know about that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am glad he resigned as I can go back to liking him now. relegation would have been better of course.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You can't carry on with a manager who's heart isn't in it, you lot should know about that.

Personally, I think palace didn't believe for one minute they would go up and therefore after the euphoria of the playoff victories, suddenly panicked and didn't have the infrastructure in place to play with the big boys.

I can't believe holloway gave up...he doesn't seem that sort of bloke!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I heard Parish on TV say himself that he tried hard to talk him out of it, so are you saying Holloway is lying.
Do you believe every word Parish tells the fans?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Personally, I think palace didn't believe for one minute they would go up and therefore after the euphoria of the playoff victories, suddenly panicked and didn't have the infrastructure in place to play with the big boys.

I can't believe holloway gave up...he doesn't seem that sort of bloke!

Nice job he's got there. If I had a few bad days at work and decided my team ( who id hired for ridiculous wages) were a bunch of bellends and went to my boss to tell him that I was sick of trying to motivate them I'm sure he wouldn't give me a couple of million quid and tell me to go home for a rest. He'd probably throw me out of the ****ing window.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Nice job he's got there. If I had a few bad days at work and decided my team ( who id hired for ridiculous wages) were a bunch of bellends and went to my boss to tell him that I was sick of trying to motivate them I'm sure he wouldn't give me a couple of million quid and tell me to go home for a rest. He'd probably throw me out of the ****ing window.

I agree and the report of him giving Holloway £2mill, is surely more in line with sacking him than accepting his resignation?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I suppose it's possible that holloway meant 'after sleeping on it, parish agreed with me that a change was needed and accepted my resignation'?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I heard Parish on TV say himself that he tried hard to talk him out of it, so are you saying Holloway is lying.
Do you believe every word Parish tells the fans?

Make you're mind up, first you say Parish elbowed him out, then you say he tried to talk him out of it !
Ollie's clearly looking out for his next job, now saying Parish wanted him out and he should have said no to some of the players coming in. Was it Parish's decision to leave out players who were crucial to last seasons success ? Was it Parish's decision to sign players who Ollie knew well ( Grandin, Puncheon,Bannon) ?
Sometimes you can't shift all the blame elsewhere.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Make you're mind up, first you say Parish elbowed him out, then you say he tried to talk him out of it !
Ollie's clearly looking out for his next job, now saying Parish wanted him out and he should have said no to some of the players coming in. Was it Parish's decision to leave out players who were crucial to last seasons success ? Was it Parish's decision to sign players who Ollie knew well ( Grandin, Puncheon,Bannon) ?
Sometimes you can't shift all the blame elsewhere.

I am saying your Chairman talks with a fork tongue and says whatever makes HIM look good at the time. Now do you understand my meaning?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am saying your Chairman talks with a fork tongue and says whatever makes HIM look good at the time. Now do you understand my meaning?

I sometimes bookmark posts on here that have bold claims so that they can be bumped when proven correct/incorrect. I was looking to see if I had any relating to Holloway and how long he'd be at palace this season. I did not, but I found a link to this post:

Can you believe what he tells you though?
Here is a good example of Parish keeping the fans in the picture .

Palace co-owner Steve Parish brushes off George Burley sack rumours
Thursday, 23 December 2010 09:21
. | Written by James Daly.
Eagles co-chairman Steve Parish has denied the club are on the brink of sacking manager George Burley after reports ran through the night the Scot was on his way out of Selhurst Park.
Palace were humiliated 3-0 at Nottingham Forest at the weekend, but had previously put together a run of three wins at home to stem disappointing runs during October and December.
"I honestly don’t know where they get these stories from,” Parish told the Croydon Advertiser. “We have never discussed replacing George.

Five Year Plan Fanzine - Palace co-owner Steve Parish brushes off George Burley sack rumours | News - The alternative voice for Crystal Palace fans

9 Days later he says this

Steve Parish: Sacking Burley was no knee-jerk reaction
Saturday, 01 January 2011 22:51.
| Written by Robert Sutherland.
Steve Parish has stated that the decision to sack George Burley wasn't a sudden one, insisting that it was made after much deliberation over the past few weeks.

Five Year Plan Fanzine - Steve Parish: Sacking Burley was no knee-jerk reaction | News - The alternative voice for Crystal Palace fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here