Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Holloway admits culpability for shit start, and takes his ball home.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No, it would go towards you sustaining FFP and servicing your crippling loses. If you had any money left you wouldn't be making cheap signings like the dross you have brought in this year (Conway, Agustiean, Andrews, Chickson, Lita, Ward etc etc)
People in glass houses!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Holloway SACKED. [Merged threads]

No, it would go towards you sustaining FFP and servicing your crippling loses. If you had any money left you wouldn't be making cheap signings like the dross you have brought in this year (Conway, Agustiean, Andrews, Chickson, Lita, Ward etc etc)

Strewth, these Palace fans are clueless :lolol:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
People in glass houses!

Difference is, the majority of our signings are top notch Championship players. If we do drop, next year could be quite fun when we play a Brighton side who's best players will be 35 year old Matt Upson and CMS :thumbsup:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Difference is, the majority of our signings are top notch Championship players. If we do drop, next year could be quite fun when we play a Brighton side who's best players will be 35 year old Matt Upson and CMS :thumbsup:

When you go down and if you can keep any of those "top notch" players.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think your team is worse this year. You've replaced your two genuinely dangerous players (Murray and Zaha) with mediocrity.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

If we are as skint as you say we are, why did we turn down £7.5m worth of bids this summer? Please tell.

You honestly think Marouanne Chamakh will enjoy the Championship? Even the few palace fans I know admit you've bought absolute dross on the way out of their career, and are paying them very good wages.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Holloway SACKED. [Merged threads]

If we are as skint as you say we are, why did we turn down £7.5m worth of bids this summer? Please tell.

You honestly think Marouanne Chamakh will enjoy the Championship? Even the few palace fans I know admit you've bought absolute dross on the way out of their career, and are paying them very good wages.

Thought chamakhs £40k a week contract was only for 1 year :lol:

At least they'll still have £8.5m Gayle :lolol:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Should be pretty easy as we have plenty more £££ in the pot :)

You hope. How much is your new manager going to want to spend? How much of the parachute payments will you have to use to pay the wages of these "top quality" you have signed? Where is your next Wilf-like windfall coming from? I would keep a close eye on your finances, if I were you.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I think your team is worse this year. You've replaced your two genuinely dangerous players (Murray and Zaha) with mediocrity.

If we go down I think we'll lose Jedinak as he's out of contract and we proberly won't be able to keep Campana but at least we'll get a few million for him. Chamachk is only on a 1 year deal as is loanees Puncheon and Jerome. In Gayle, Kebe, Guaedioura, Mariappa and Hunt, we have players that have done very well in the Championship in the last year or 2. Couple that in with existing players from last season like Speroni, Ward, Johnny Williams, Bolasie, KG and the returning 31 goal a season Glenn Murray (remember him) and your looking at a pretty decent team already. And that's even before we spend some of the £80-90 million we still have left.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You hope. How much is your new manager going to want to spend? How much of the parachute payments will you have to use to pay the wages of these "top quality" you have signed? Where is your next Wilf-like windfall coming from? I would keep a close eye on your finances, if I were you.
Holloway's payoff was rumoured to be £2m as well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Thought chamakhs £40k a week contract was only for 1 year :lol:

At least they'll still have £8.5m Gayle :lolol:

They have a 2nd year option for him, but would be insane to pay his wages in the Championship. He'll be gone.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If we go down I think we'll lose Jedinak as he's out of contract and we won't be able to keep Campana but at least we'll get a few million for him. In Gayle, Kebe, Guaedioura, Mariappa and Hunt, we have players that have done very well in the Championship in the last year or 2. Couple that in with existing players from last season like Speroni, Ward, Johnny Williams, Bolasie, KG and the returning 31 goal a season Glenn Murray (remember him) and your looking at a pretty decent team already. And that's even before we spend some of the £80-90 million we still have left.
You do realise that you won't have anything like that figure left over? Look what relegation has done for Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool, Portsmouth etc etc they all did the same as your team, squander good money on average players with big wages.

Still you never know, you might stay up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

If we go down I think we'll lose Jedinak as he's out of contract and we won't be able to keep Campana but at least we'll get a few million for him. Chamachk is only on a 1 year deal as is loanees Puncheon and Jerome. In Gayle, Kebe, Guaedioura, Mariappa and Hunt, we have players that have done very well in the Championship in the last year or 2. Couple that in with existing players from last season like Speroni, Ward, Johnny Williams, Bolasie, KG and the returning 31 goal a season Glenn Murray (remember him) and your looking at a pretty decent team already. And that's even before we spend some of the £80-90 million we still have left.

You are very confused. You do not have 80-90 million left for next year.

You will have what is left of this years 63 million ( no more than 20 million), and next years 23 million parachute payment.

I guess Charming is stalling on producing ground redevelopment plans as he needs to keep the 20 million for one last desperate throw of the cash, in January, to avoid relegation ???

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Holloway SACKED. [Merged threads]

If we go down I think we'll lose Jedinak as he's out of contract and we proberly won't be able to keep Campana but at least we'll get a few million for him. Chamachk is only on a 1 year deal as is loanees Puncheon and Jerome. In Gayle, Kebe, Guaedioura, Mariappa and Hunt, we have players that have done very well in the Championship in the last year or 2. Couple that in with existing players from last season like Speroni, Ward, Johnny Williams, Bolasie, KG and the returning 31 goal a season Glenn Murray (remember him) and your looking at a pretty decent team already. And that's even before we spend some of the £80-90 million we still have left.

Any actual plans for redeveloping shithurst yet?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You do realise that you won't have anything like that figure left over? Look what relegation has done for Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool, Portsmouth etc etc they all did the same as your team, squander good money on average players with big wages.

Still you never know, you might stay up.

All those teams you mentioned got £60 million (including the parachute payments) for their promotions. Last year it changed to £120 million, so double what they got. It's a massive difference.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You are very confused. You do not have 80-90 million left.

You have what is left of this years 63 million ( no more than 20 million), and next years 23 million parachute payment.

I guess Charming is stalling on producing ground redevelopment plans as he needs to keep the 20 million for one last desperate throw of the cash. in January, to avoid relegation ???

Over 3 and a half years we do. Plus we also will have made a lot more income this season than had we stayed down. Our crowds are up dramatically so significant increased revenue there. More punters brings increase in food, drink and merchsndise sales. Plus our sponsorship deals are higher as companies are more interested in Premier League teams.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Over 3 and a half years we do. Plus we also will have made a lot more income this season than had we stayed down. Our crowds are up dramatically so significant increased revenue there. More punters brings increase in food, drink and merchsndise sales. Plus our sponsorship deals are higher as companies are more interested in Premier League teams.

How many new sponsors have flocked to you since you went up? Out of interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here