Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Holloway admits culpability for shit start, and takes his ball home.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bit odd that he has gone. There is no one who could turn around this start to the season. Palace's best hope was to be relegated but try to build a better team to try to bounce back with the bolster of the parachute payments. Holloway might have been able to do that. Still who cares !:lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Eleven Palace related threads just on page 1, ELEVEN ! Get over them FFS !

I would agree and said as much in another thread
I really don't like the guy and never have
but he is a great motivator
so maybe we could employ him for a few months to do just that
any takers?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Credit to the CP board for acting relatively quickly on this. There's LOADS of time to pull this back. But I maintain that the best course of action would have been to sack Holloway the very morning after Wembley. But they look doomed. And Gayle seems to be overrated by their fans, IMO

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The story of Wurzel in pictures......

image.jpgimage.jpg ...wurzel recruited by dickhead...

image.jpg...the team turn into a pile of shit..

image.jpg..but.. Yay..we're promoted...

image.jpg sob..

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
His transfer dealings this summer have done for him. Signing 2 players that didn't then get into the 25 man squad reeks of panic buying and no logical plan.

True, but then I've no doubt that blow-dried ponce would've been sticking his oar in big time too. The reality is that they were only ever gonna end up with the flotsam that established(ish) Premeirshite teams wanted rid of: & at silly money. Nobody in their right mind would see that mob as a genuine contender to stay up, so they got mugged-off. Oh well...

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Holloway only went with a £2m pay off, sorry to keep saying this but found it laughable and how much will it cost for a new manager :lol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's no surprise that this is a common denominator for both Premier League managerial casualties so far this season..

Very different though. PDC had little or no input in the Sunderland purchases, that was a big part of the problem. Holloway had complete control, that was a big part of the problem

Resigned I've heard, refused to put up with being abused by the HF and having slit throat gestures aimed at him.

Don't blame him really.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Holloway only went with a £2m pay off, sorry to keep saying this but found it laughable and how much will it cost for a new manager :lol:

Another £2m of the windfall spunked away. Good stuff.

**awaits se20, coming on to tell us that the payout is mis-reported, and is actually 36 pence**

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
True, but then I've no doubt that blow-dried ponce would've been sticking his oar in big time too. The reality is that they were only ever gonna end up with the flotsam that established(ish) Premeirshite teams wanted rid of: & at silly money. Nobody in their right mind would see that mob as a genuine contender to stay up, so they got mugged-off. Oh well...

They started off by signing highly rated Championship players which in my view is the way to go and the key to Norwich's success during their first season, however, upon realising they couldnt afford the best Championship players they seem to have panicked and gone a bit gung ho and ended up actually buying a load of dross including Chamakh.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Holloway SACKED. [Merged threads]

Resigned I've heard, refused to put up with being abused by the HF and having slit throat gestures aimed at him.

Don't blame him really.

They broke into his press conference last season to give him abuse as well.

The new man is in for a tough time.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Lee Clarke will be out of a job soon

He must be absolutely sick to death of desperately attempting to polish the Brumscum turd by now. I certainly can't see him trading one sty for another tbh, although I presume the odd lot up the road would throw a decent bit of coin his way.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The only drawback for Palace is that Holloway will have more time to stand and smoke outside the Croydon school gates.

They broke into his press conference last season to give him abuse as well.

The new man is in for a tough time.

They broke into Selhurst last season too and set up kiosks selling their merchandise. CPFC2010 have to ask them who they sell tickets to in that corner, they demanded, and got, a block for themselves at Wembley and now have got rid a manager.

I wonder who the HF will appoint as the new manager.

Don't blame him really.

Personal abuse of him and his family apparently. What a nice bunch they are up there! As I said on another thread - none of them under 40 have ever known football outside the top two leagues therefore they don't have a backbone - the slightest perceived humiliation and they go into meltdown , turn on each other the club the manager etc.

However, if they can find the right man to keep them up it's the right move. Paul & Tom Ince to Palace - Holloway to Blackpool ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Crystal Palace FC ‏@Official_CPFC 8s
SP says Ian is someone he would consult when it comes to appointing a new manager
--

Said a few pages back that he is friends with Tony Pulis, the favourite to be manager - well its a given now !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here