Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hollister Brighton

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
On the news today, their shop in a south coast town banned a member of staff from wearing a poppy. previously they had moved on a poppy seller and also lost a case (asnd £9k) for not letting a staff member, with a prosthetic arm, from wearing a long sleeved jumper.

American twats.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I wonder what would happen in the U.S if they took such a stance with their veterans?

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I wonder what would happen in the U.S if they took such a stance with their veterans?

For Veterns day over here many of the big chain restaurants (Outback steakhouse, Applebees etc...) are advertising free food for vets and active servicmen & women which is quite a nice gensture in my books.

Vets and Servicemen and women are treated with allot of respect over here - wether people agree with govts decisions or not

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
On the news today, their shop in a south coast town banned a member of staff from wearing a poppy. previously they had moved on a poppy seller and also lost a case (asnd £9k) for not letting a staff member, with a prosthetic arm, from wearing a long sleeved jumper.

American twats.

I have been down to Southampton today and spoke to the girl in question. She told me she was having problems with her employer as they have told her that she can't wear a poppy to work. But she had one on. She said her Grandad fought in the war and she has a friend in Afghanistan and knows what he is going through. She said she has a right to wear a poppy.

I also spoke to the old soldier selling poppy's from a stool outside Hollisters, he could have sat anywhere but was determined to do it from there "Just to show em boy" he said.

Good on the pair of them. Whatever your personal choice, everybody should have the right to wear a poppy if they want to.

That aside, I love being down there watching all those Saints tossers walking around in their Hollister gear forgetting that they are proudly showing off the Seagull emblem:albion1:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
for many it's about association or aspiration, like wearing a football shirt.

if you wore a t-shirt with no seagull on it, it would be saying very little about you.

as it happens, the link of the seagull with the team you support is largely personal, wheras many people wear this branded stuff to align themself with the aspirational lifestyle that, in this case, hollister push.

same with people who wear st. pauli t-shirts for example.

or chavs with their expensive nikes or whatever.

What is it Hollister are pushing? It just looks like a load of polo shirts to me? I'd never heard of the brand until I saw this thread.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
On the news today, their shop in a south coast town banned a member of staff from wearing a poppy. previously they had moved on a poppy seller and also lost a case (and £9k) for not letting a staff member, with a prosthetic arm, from wearing a long sleeved jumper.

American twats.

Reading that I certainly will not be spending a penny in there. Think I will be selling poppys outside a certain shop in Churchill Square in 12 months time!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here