Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hollister Brighton

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Oh great another shop for me to stand outside for hours when i dragged around the shops on non matchdays

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
i pre-judge people in hollister clothing.

i pre-judge them to be twats.

i hate all that f***ing jack wills egg-chasing public school bollocks.

i find hollister attired girls and boys tend to use the word 'total ledge' to describe idiots.

Hollister_Co_-logo-F902B22E17-seeklogo.com.gif

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

i find hollister attired girls and boys tend to use the word 'total ledge' to describe idiots.

That's okay. I pre-judge people who don't understand punctuation, or where to use capital letters.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Jack Wills yes, but not so much Hollister.
It seems a split has occurred, some people head to toe in it seem to be those wanting to fit in with the Jack Wills lot, but cant afford to do so. The odd polo shirt or t-shirt is completely different, especially as the logo's a seagull.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Jack Wills yes, but not so much Hollister.
It seems a split has occurred, some people head to toe in it seem to be those wanting to fit in with the Jack Wills lot, but cant afford to do so. The odd polo shirt or t-shirt is completely different, especially as the logo's a seagull.

This.

Although, why anyone would dress head-to-toe in any one [logo'd] brand, beats me.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
This.

Although, why anyone would dress head-to-toe in any one [logo'd] brand, beats me.

Yep, same here.
I've been to a few open days recently at various Uni's, and all the 'upper class' sort tend to be dressed head to toe in Hollister/Superdry/Jack Wills/Abercrombie. Wearing one item is fine IMO, apart from Jack Wills, anyone in that to me is automatically classed a C***.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep, same here.
I've been to a few open days recently at various Uni's, and all the 'upper class' sort tend to be dressed head to toe in Hollister/Superdry/Jack Wills/Abercrombie. Wearing one item is fine IMO, apart from Jack Wills, anyone in that to me is automatically classed a C***.

Being that I'm quite OLD, I'm probably not really up on what is 'cool' or otherwise, and tend to just wear what I actually LIKE.

My outfit for the football tends to involve jeans, a Hollister polo shirt and a Superdry jacket. If that makes me a KNOB, that's fine.

Never been in Jack Wills, but it always looks to me to be a shop for 14 year-old girls??

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
i like Hollister stuff for two reasons, there's a seagull on it which is a bonus and for the money it is very good quality clothing for a not too expensive price.

What I want to know is why is wearing an item of clothing by a certain brand make you a different person to if you weren't wearing this item of clothing?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
What I want to know is why is wearing an item of clothing by a certain brand make you a different person to if you weren't wearing this item of clothing?

for many it's about association or aspiration, like wearing a football shirt.

if you wore a t-shirt with no seagull on it, it would be saying very little about you.

as it happens, the link of the seagull with the team you support is largely personal, wheras many people wear this branded stuff to align themself with the aspirational lifestyle that, in this case, hollister push.

same with people who wear st. pauli t-shirts for example.

or chavs with their expensive nikes or whatever.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Being that I'm quite OLD, I'm probably not really up on what is 'cool' or otherwise, and tend to just wear what I actually LIKE.

My outfit for the football tends to involve jeans, a Hollister polo shirt and a Superdry jacket. If that makes me a KNOB, that's fine.

Never been in Jack Wills, but it always looks to me to be a shop for 14 year-old girls??

Not at all, but in general, most people kitted out in Jack Wills tend to be the private school boys and girls, head to toe in the stuff, willing to pay £30 for a pair of socks, and another £30 for a pair of boxers, just to try and fit a certain look. Superdry stuff is good quality, as is Hollister when you compare it to similar priced stuff you'd find in topman and so on.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Not at all, but in general, most people kitted out in Jack Wills tend to be the private school boys and girls, head to toe in the stuff, willing to pay £30 for a pair of socks, and another £30 for a pair of boxers, just to try and fit a certain look. Superdry stuff is good quality, as is Hollister when you compare it to similar priced stuff you'd find in topman and so on.

Everything is this post 100% nail on head.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Yep, same here.

I was given a JW hoodie, its comfy, didnt realise by sporting this I was a c***.

Have also got a hollister polo shirt - purely for the logo - "upper class" I am not.

I live & learn though.

Can someone let me know how I change my username

UpperClassC*** I will become

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I was given a JW hoodie, its comfy, didnt realise by sporting this I was a c***.

Have also got a hollister polo shirt - purely for the logo - "upper class" I am not.

I live & learn though.

1 Hoody because you like it. Fine.

Socks, Bottoms, Boxers, Polo, Hoody, Scarf because you want everyone to see you can afford it. Dick.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
1 Hoody because you like it. Fine.

Socks, Bottoms, Boxers, Polo, Hoody, Scarf because you want everyone to see you can afford it. Dick.

Spot on.

I was given a Jack Wills Rugby top two years ago and i liked it. I got some jogger type comfy bottoms last year which i never wear outside the house.

Now sadly it does seem that the clothes are worn by squeaking little Tristrams who simply must be seen to have a £30 pair of socks.

So sadly my JW top has not seen the light of day for some months.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

I live & learn though.

I think you've misunderstood my post.
They do nice clothes, but when somebody spends £300 on being head to toe in Jack Wills, socks and all, just to fit in with a certain group of people, thats what pisses me off. Sadly, the majority of those in said shops now do exactly that, which turns decent clothing into that which is assosciated with complete ****'s.
Sorry for confusion, you upper class **** :p

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I think you've misunderstood my post.
They do nice clothes, but when somebody spends £300 on being head to toe in Jack Wills, socks and all, just to fit in with a certain group of people, thats what pisses me off. Sadly, the majority of those in said shops now do exactly that, which turns decent clothing into that which is assosciated with complete ****'s.
Sorry for confusion, you upper class **** :p

Being such an upper class c*** I am easily confused :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here