Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday to Thailand Alone

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Morning All, Due to being royally stitched up by various mates who all mostly agreed to it when they are pissed. I was hoping to do thailand....
Anyway, it has now come to the point where I may be doing it on my jack jones I was thinking roughly about 14-18 days in March now my question to NSC is are there any tips?
I was thinking get flight to bangkok and a couple of nights there all booked up now and then worry about the rest when I arrive!! is this a bad/good idea?
Just after a bit of general advise really and has anyone on here ever does this sort of thing before?
I know plenty do it as part of travelling, but 2 weeks isnt exactly a long time.
discuss....

I know two people who have done exactly that and both had positive stories.

My mate did it for a month in about march last year. He started in Bangkok and stayed in one of the dodgy cheap hostels near koh san road where you have to share a room with other people, made loads of mates and travelled round with them.

I think the key is not to stay anywhere too nice because you'll be isolated from contact with others, and whatever you do don't book on any of the pre-book tours because when you do make friends you won't be able to tag along to other places. Also don't bother with the package resorts like samui.

Or you can just spend two weeks in pattaya doing dirty thai girls (also know someone who did that by himself). Make sure you get the right jabs before you go though :lolol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Best thing you can do mate, is go and buy either The Rough Guide, or Lonely Planet book for Thailand.

They are a massive help, and although dont relay on them 100%, they do give some great tips and things to do and see that you might otherwise miss.

It really does depend on what you are looking for though,

If you want to spend the time pissed and getting laid, head due south as soon as you arrive, if you want to take in the culture scenery and a mix experience, head north to Chang Mai and head South from there.

You will find the locals very friendly if you treat them with respect or just be nicve to them. Respect is a big thing over there. Get pissed throw up and act an arse, you are likely to end up with a beating.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is no-one going to give the poor fella tips on how to spot a lady boy?

The last thing you want to encounter when you get that special friend back to you room is a meat and two veg appearing out of the undies.

The balls and cock will be taped up behind the arse. Have a quick feel before you do anything rash.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some of the Ladyboys look better than most of the Women NSC have been with though.

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Is no-one going to give the poor fella tips on how to spot a lady boy?

If they have a cock, they're a ladyboy!

On a more serious note, if they're tall and incredibly beautiful, they're probably a ladyboy.

For the most part, the ladyboys aren't trying to con anyone, they usually tell you what they are. There aren't really any in Soi Cowboy, whereas in Nana Plaza, the bars are either girl bars or ladyboy bars so you know what you're getting before you go in, which is why I advised him to research the bars on the Internet before he goes.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL he he he he he he.

Anyone been to see the show in Brighton - Ladyboys of Bangkok - they are quite stunning - Me and my husband went with some friends and when we came out he said - "found that very difficult - shouldn't have been having the feelings he was having looking at blokes" lol

You really couldn't tell they are gorgeous!!! Be afraid, be very afraid!!!!!

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
Thailand is unreal mate. I spent 6 weeks there last year and also went to laos and cambodia.

Plan a rough guide with your time but then take everyday as it comes as you never know who you will et in one place and all of sudden the plan changes

Tips: Buy some valium! Get on your mini bus/ coach asap, do NOT assume there is a seat for everyone ((try 12 hours on the floor). If u take the sleeper train to chiang mai make sure you go for the bottom bunk!

Down South...Koh Phangnan is nuts, head to Ko Tao after the full moon party, bit more chilled but still a nightlife. Pipi is a very cool place.

Kanchanaburi is worth a visit..about 3 hours west of bangkok. We stayed on a floating hut on the river kwai for about £3 a night, whilst there go to Erawen waterfalls..... best waterfalls i saw plus you can swim there..

I could go on for ages. Feel free to message me pal.

swazinio

swazinio
Nov 1, 2009
partridge green
If you head to Pattaya I can recommend a hotel (Areca Lodge.com) which is only 10mins away from all the 'entertainment Pattaya provides.Check out Walking Street for the Gogo bars,soi's 6,7 and 8 for beer bars and short term bars.
The Elephant village is a cracking day out and visit to the Crocodile farm (where you can feed the crocs!)is another must.
One of the funniest sights you will see is these stunning little Thai girls walking hand in hand with some fat middle aged Europeans!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It does sound like Thailand is a bit of an "oasis" for virgin 40 somethings or recently divorced blokes.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
If you head to Pattaya I can recommend a hotel (Areca Lodge.com) which is only 10mins away from all the 'entertainment Pattaya provides.

10mins ??? F**king hell it's only 100 metres to Lolitas !!!

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
This thread has properly made me laugh out loud.
But on a serious note to the OP, have a good time and stay safe!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here