Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Checked in last night to fly home (BA), simply had to show VeriFly ‘pass’ for us both plus passports - nothing else checked. Was able to check in online after completing VeriFly info too.
Nice. Fingers crossed for US in a couple of weeks

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This was the walk from the plane to passport control yesterday…….and when we got there there were literally no other passengers. Makes things quick and easy of course, but also a bit sad to see.

F9AC77BC-BB7A-4D67-A99F-3D87EE8A0086.jpeg

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Travel industry getting hammered again- red list and hotel quarantine back, and self isolation for ALL arrivals from EVERY country - until you’ve got a PCR result back negative. Applies to all whether jabbed or not.

Tough times can the airlines etc survive this as an ongoing situation with no end in sight?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Travel industry getting hammered again- red list and hotel quarantine back, and self isolation for ALL arrivals from EVERY country - until you’ve got a PCR result back negative. Applies to all whether jabbed or not.

Tough times can the airlines etc survive this as an ongoing situation with no end in sight?

I imagine we will we a tightening of the “tough the flights going” line come into play

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS

Typically, the missus and I are away for a week in a couple of weeks time, and (a) have already bought our LFT which obvs is now useless and we'll now need to buy PCRs, and (b) had our booster jabs booked for the day after we return, so will have to move those as we won't have our PCR result back so quickly. First world problem I know, but...

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Apparently Spain have now said any UK arrivals 12 or over must have 2 jabs or will be refused entry. Assume all kids over 12 in UK have one jab or zero jabs - so they can’t come in.

Switzerland requiring UK entries to quarantine.

These added to the need to quarantine on return to UK - until the private PCR company returns your test result - and they can take quite a while to come back I understand.

Seems like these international restrictions are going to throw a spanner in people’s holiday plans and only seem likely to escalate.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Woke up this morning. Remembered the Albion result and sighed. Looked at the news. Saw the change back to isolation and PCR for all UK arrivals from 4am Tuesday. Immediately changed my DXB- LHR flight from Wednesday afternoon to this morning, had a coffee and slice of toast, packed and headed straight to the airport. Now waiting to leave. Surreal.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My first job this morning was to cancel my Germany trip.
emails look very sad
Cancellation of your reservation confirmed
Eurotunnel cancellation confirmed
Grand Hotel booking cancellation confirmed
Just glad I paid a little extra on all the bookings that enabled free cancellation and full refunds.
Think I might cancel my holiday insurance as well because I haven't used it for two years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We've got a couple of holidays lined up, flying in the next few weeks.

Yesterday's PCR testing news was initially an "oh fck, not all this again".

But reading up on the reality known so far on the variant (avoiding stirrers such as Sky), checking entry requirements for those countries and then calmly booking some Day 2 PCR tests ... allayed all concerns.

Would highly recommend the local testers (a guy from there sometimes plugs them on nsc), an easy to use website, but I'm not sure I can in effect promote a business on here?

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We've got a couple of holidays lined up, flying in the next few weeks.

Yesterday's PCR testing news was initially an "oh fck, not all this again".

But reading up on the reality known so far on the variant (avoiding stirrers such as Sky), checking entry requirements for those countries and then calmly booking some Day 2 PCR tests ... allayed all concerns.

Would highly recommend the local testers (a guy from there sometimes plugs them on nsc), an easy to use website, but I'm not sure I can in effect promote a business on here?

The new rules don’t really change anything much other than needing to isolate until you get your day 2 result (which you can largely circumvent - for a large fee obviously- by getting tested at the airport after arrival - our PCR results from ExpressTest at Gatwick arrived before midnight same day, and we didn’t get tested until after 6pm)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fairly last minute, we’re currently in Oslo. Never been to Norway before, loving it.

B7BB73E4-242A-4C74-8521-B02CF1886F5A.png

FE6E1FDA-F373-4C51-B4DA-A4E348F366EE.png

-10c by day, boy it’s cold.

Covid: For us, it was well worth jumping the hurdles. It’s only advisory to wear a face covering indoors in Norway, but literally 100% of people do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fairly last minute, we’re currently in Oslo. Never been to Norway before, loving it.

View attachment 142594

View attachment 142595

-10c by day, boy it’s cold.

Covid: For us, it was well worth jumping the hurdles. It’s only advisory to wear a face covering indoors in Norway, but literally 100% of people do.

Had a brief stay there a couple of years ago…….would love to go back. Frogner Park and the many statues are worth a visit !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here