Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday on the Costa de la Luz anyone been and any tips please?

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Flying out on the 18th for 9 days so would appreciate any tips on this region of Spain that is new to me. I particular would be interested in local public transport as I object to paying fortunes for organised trips and with Jerez, Cadiz and Gibralter close by it could run expensive.
Thanks in advance

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Flying out on the 18th for 9 days so would appreciate any tips on this region of Spain that is new to me. I particular would be interested in local public transport as I object to paying fortunes for organised trips and with Jerez, Cadiz and Gibralter close by it could run expensive.
Thanks in advance

I'm out with a friend of mine today who has a villa on the CDLL, will have a chat with him today and report back. Will try and update tonight but probably check back tommorow :)

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
http://costadelaluz.angloinfo.com/information/62/busses.asp

Plenty of buses & fares are very cheap. Local train services can be found at Renfe Public transport is to be recommended here in Spain. However having said that car hire here is the cheapest in Europe. Friends currently here for a month hired a VW Polo for 200 euros for 4 weeks, look on line of course for the best deals. Going to Gib? Blackpool without the rides but it seems to fascinate some, but if you do go by public transport and walk over the crossing. A £1.10 bus ticket in Gib allows hop on/off all day. Biggest rip off is the Rock tour, entrance fees are enormous [rip off Britain comes to mind], if you want to go to the top use the cable car or if you are fit and want to walk enter the park gates after 1900hrs & it's free. Much nicer to stay in Cadiz, Jerez & the incredible Seville area, lovely!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm out with a friend of mine today who has a villa on the CDLL, will have a chat with him today and report back. Will try and update tonight but probably check back tommorow :)

My mates place is in Chiclana de Fontera, apparently quite remote & would advise a car. Not very much English spoken in that area so helps if u know a bit of the lingo, especially in shops & restaurants. Lovely quiet beaches with a water park very close, plenty of historic churches & buildings if that's your thing. Generally a lovely place, nice and quiet relaxing holiday. Hope this helps a bit :)

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Seville is well worth a visit or two.Lovely city with a lot of history,go you will not regret the trip.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It will be hot & windy it's to the kitesurf/windsurf capital of Europe in the wonderful Tarifa. Simply enjoy the sea, beach & the sand dunes

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Thanks in advance

Ayamonte is a lovely town on the Rio Guadiana. The town centre has some lovely and very cheap cafes. Cafe Laguna is superb, run by a Belgian and two wines, two pints, three coffees, one coke and three cakes will set you back 11 Euros. Some fabulous tapas bars and restaurants too all low low cost (circa 10 Euros a head incl. drink).
You can pop over the bridge to Portugal as well but I personally wouldn't bother. Portugal is more expensive ,dirty and unkept by comparison. The whole of the Luz coast is well kept and the Spaniards proudly look after it.
Only 1 1/2 hours from Seville too!
Enjoy, most certainly one of the best value places in Spain to visit and , in line with it's name, it is very bright.

Enjoy

TNBA

TTF

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Holiday on the Costa de la liz, corrrrr that sounds unpleasant.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
As mentioned above, Seville's a must - stay anywhere near Santa Cruz and you'll have a great time. Ditto Cadiz - beautiful city, better to be based in the old town, but the beaches are better in the new part. Tarifa's a brilliant town, phenomenal beaches and watersports plus a really nice old town, great atmosphere. Easy to pop over to Morocco for the day as well.

Best part of Spain for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here