Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

holiday location ideas

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
trying to find a nice summer hol to go on with the gf, ideally not within the eurozone and not too expensive. any ideas on location?

i was thinking of perhaps somewhere like krakow or sofia - anyone been?

send help

Jimmy Grimble

Spend your money on GFC and Dominos pizza instead. Can't go wrong.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
my brother and his missus have just come back from bulgaria, forget the exact name of the place they went to but it looked wonderful, i have only ever been to sofia which is ok, but this place sinemortets i think the name is or something very similar was far nicer and my brother has only good things to say about the area. mrs starry went to hisraya (spa town) with her sister for her 30th and they loved it, full of roman ruins or something but they enjoyed it a lot if spa type things are your thing.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Myself and my girlfriend went to kefalonia in the summer on the cheap. Really hot weather, lush tree covered mountains, typical greek beeches.Loads of traditional greek food served pretty cheap too. As a bonus too, no scummy english familys screeming 'muvas ****'

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Somerset.

The exchange rate is good.

The cider is excellent.

Not too far home after the row.

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
thanks for all the ideas!

this is far too much like hard work, im just going to get her to look through all these places

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Devon and Cornwall. It's the patriot's choice. Plus beautiful countryside, great beaches, great food and SKY SPORTS!!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
County Kerry,far far west coast of Ireland,yep they have the euro. However drive on 'our' side of the road,the pubs are something else ans as for the guinness,well you just have to taste it !! :bigwave:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I will second Croatia. Not been there, however, know many who have and one who lived there for a year..........It's the snizzel.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This beach is quality. Slea Head. Ireland. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Ireland-travel-Irish-Slea-Head-County-Kerry-deckchair-pic.jpg
    Ireland-travel-Irish-Slea-Head-County-Kerry-deckchair-pic.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 134

I will second Croatia. Not been there, however, know many who have and one who lived there for a year..........It's the snizzel.

went there twicew b4 the war, toured around on trains and buses, fantastic, Dubrovnik, Split etc stunning

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
trying to find a nice summer hol to go on with the gf, ideally not within the eurozone and not too expensive. any ideas on location?

i was thinking of perhaps somewhere like krakow or sofia - anyone been?

send help

loeihflwreijfienjdolhefrenfmenoifd
men

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Avoid anywhere that has the EU especially Ireland as it very very expensive.

In Cork as son is working there at the moment, pkt of 20 cigs Eu8.40, pkt Nice bix EU3.60 4x 7in Pizza and 1 garlic bread/pizza delivered to hotel EU76.00. His firm flew him and his 3 workmates home as work was cancelled for Fri and Sat night and it cost over £1000 for the 4 but was cheaper than the hotel for 2 nights.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd recommend Croatia for somewhere a bit different. Went to Poreč a couple of Summers back and really enjoyed it. Beaches were rocky, but set in pine forests. Really beautiful 2000 year old town. Flight time from Gatwick is ninety minutes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here