Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday House Swap - Sydney (Balmain)

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Gauging any interest in a house swap between Hove (preferably, but would consider Brighton too) and Balmain in Sydney.
Seeking a 2 - 3 month swap between June & August in 2024 (or/and 2025) but can be flexibile on the actual length of swap.
Accommodation being offered is a very modern & contemporay 2-bedroom townhouse located in East Balmain ; https://www.sydney.com/destinations/sydney/inner-sydney/balmain
Perfect base for exploring Sydney, Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific or for an extended visit to family / friends.
Happy to answer any questions, for any genuine interest or inquiries please PM me - can supply further details with photos & video of the accommodation.
Am currently here in Hove until the end of August so able to meet in person to arrange or to discuss further.

House swap is aimed at a couple rather than a family.

Open to the idea of swapping cars too.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How about partners as well?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Would be interested to see photos of house please.

Swiss perfection

Jul 27, 2018
Gauging any interest in a house swap between Hove (preferably, but would consider Brighton too) and Balmain in Sydney.
Seeking a 2 - 3 month swap between June & August in 2024 (or/and 2025) but can be flexibile on the actual length of swap.
Accommodation being offered is a very modern & contemporay 2-bedroom townhouse located in East Balmain ; https://www.sydney.com/destinations/sydney/inner-sydney/balmain
Perfect base for exploring Sydney, Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific or for an extended visit to family / friends.
Happy to answer any questions, for any genuine interest or inquiries please PM me - can supply further details with photos & video of the accommodation.
Am currently here in Hove until the end of August so able to meet in person to arrange or to discuss further.

House swap is aimed at a couple rather than a family.

Open to the idea of swapping cars too.
Is Angmering too far out for you (15 miles approx. from Hove) we are 1 mile from Train station ,looking potentially for 2025

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Balmain one of Sydney's great spots and much sought after.

I was a bit gutted the restaurant Satasia was no longer when I last visited, times move on

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, the wine club comment certainly soured your first sentence.
Please feel free to PM me if you do want to pursue the idea any further.
Well if you're based in Hove for now, you PM me, and I'll be more than happy to show you all the good stuff in and around Preston Park (Uk's oldest velodrome, Uk's oldest cinema, Victorian manors and letterboxes etc etc. Oh and the house where I live is 150 years old also) Two mainline stations within 20-25 minutes walk for fast trains into London - when they're not on strike. Oh and a bus service every 10 minutes into Brighton town, so absolutely no reason to even have a car. The ancient and venerable pub across the road is pretty decent also. Happy to buy you and yours a drink to chat about it :cheers:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Closed about 8 years ago - had been there since I moved into the area way back in the mid-eighties.
Cinamon, where Blue Ginger once stood is far better though ; https://www.cinnamonbalmain.com.au/
If you've been there since the 80's you've been a lot of changes. A lot of parallels to the way Brighton has become gentrified and expensive.

Loved living in the area in the 90s, right opposite Callan Park

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Well if you're based in Hove for now, you PM me, and I'll be more than happy to show you all the good stuff in and around Preston Park (Uk's oldest velodrome, Uk's oldest cinema, Victorian manors and letterboxes etc etc. Oh and the house where I live is 150 years old also) Two mainline stations within 20-25 minutes walk for fast trains into London - when they're not on strike. Oh and a bus service every 10 minutes into Brighton town, so absolutely no reason to even have a car. The ancient and venerable pub across the road is pretty decent also. Happy to buy you and yours a drink to chat about it :cheers:
Having been born in Maldon Road no need for a tour of the area.
Have sent you a PM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here