Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] holiday 20th May to Majorca

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course you do, you go petal, just don't come back.
The ultimate look at me and me,me, me, post.
Pure ignorance and selfishness.
See the post by Junior.
Did you really not think that it may rain in Cornwall in September?
I want a foreign holiday, I need a foreign holiday but I am not going to have one again this year as it is not the right thing to do and it is still unsafe.
I give up with people who just don't get it or don't want to get it.

If [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] (and his spouse?) are both double vaccinated, with the UK and Barbadian authorities content, what harm are they causing?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
See the post by Junior.
I want a foreign holiday, I need a foreign holiday but I am not going to have one again this year as it is not the right thing to do and it is still unsafe.

Demand will outstrip supply in the UK in the summer..........

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Meant to be going to France late Aug - really hoping... but guess it depends on France as much as anything...

Got a trip to France in late May, rescheduled from last year. Given France has just about the highest covid rate in Europe at the moment and really low vaccine uptake I can't see that going ahead.

As per the OP I think any foreign holiday before July/August is very optimistic.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Went on a staycation for the first time a couple of years ago . Never again , even in August it rained 3 days out of 7 !

Doubt I’ll try again not for a holiday of a week or more anyway . You just can’t trust the weather in the UK ...

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Been to Cornwall for 3 holidays in my life and it rained every day and packed everywhere you went. Holidays are important to people who need a break from work etc and in some cases mental health issues, so can be a quite important thing to a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I was due to go to France in July on a bikers long weekend. That has been postponed already, and for the 2nd time. We also had a trip to see family in Seattle cancelled last year.
I’ve looked at doing a UK bike trip instead for this summer to either Scotland or Wales. I think the roads will be rammed with trippers, and prices will be sky high due to demand.
The way I consider it is that I’m still alive and well. If a couple of postponed holidays are the worst I get affected by this horrible pandemic then I’ll have escaped lightly compared to millions of others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went on a staycation for the first time a couple of years ago . Never again , even in August it rained 3 days out of 7 !

Doubt I’ll try again not for a holiday of a week or more anyway . You just can’t trust the weather in the UK ...

Been to Cornwall for 3 holidays in my life and it rained every day and packed everywhere you went. Holidays are important to people who need a break from work etc and in some cases mental health issues, so can be a quite important thing to a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, I wasn’t just making it up and selecting self-serving photos from the internet Mr [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] :lolol:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
See the post by Junior.

Certainly not a look at me post our holiday has been cancelled a few times and now falls when the Govt will allow us to go away if we are vaccinated and the host country allows it. So are we going to throw away £4k just to keep you happy.
If the Govt deems it safe they take their advice from the highest scientific authority,
Casual scientists like yourself I assume went to the university of Google?.

If all goes to plan we will have our first holiday in 18 months and we will enjoy it, your welcome to your own Views but don’t try and tell others what is right or wrong.

Enjoy the sun and have a nice day.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No one needs a holiday...LOL

Depends what you mean by a holiday. I've been away from home a total of 8 nights on breaks (I spend a lot of my working life in hotels) in a total of 19 years. I still take 6 weeks holiday a year, away from work.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Depends what you mean by a holiday. I've been away from home a total of 8 nights on breaks (I spend a lot of my working life in hotels) in a total of 19 years. I still take 6 weeks holiday a year, away from work.

Are you saying you have sat at home for 6 weeks every year for 19 years? Or have I misunderstood this?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Working at Heathrow and I’m going in for work at midnight tonight. I’ve been astonished that we have continued to get flights from The Maldives throughout the last couple of months. Essential travel only, my eye! We keep seeing tanned families coming through after their weeks in the sun. Business trip was it? I suppose your two your old was taking minutes at the meeting.

I try not to judge but after a year of this stuff I am getting quite fed up with it. What’s the last flight tonight? Malaga. Of course. See also Larnaca, Venice etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are you saying you have sat at home for 6 weeks every year for 19 years? Or have I misunderstood this?

You got it. For many of those years I had a small holding with animals and run my pubs. I didn't sit indoors for those 6 weeks, I did go out to places.

Prior to that I travelled the world however due to my wife's illness she can't fly.

As I posted I do stay in hotels all the time all over the south of England and Wales, it can make my work a joy, staying in great places enjoying the hot summers, good food, wonderful beer and all paid for, lucky me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I guess you could break it down to need and desire as well..I’m envious of your six weeks away from work.

I’ve had one night away over the last three years and I’m happy if I can get 2/3 nights away as a short break to refresh body and spirit, knowing that if I don’t I’ll get dragged into diy and the usual stuff of looking after a home ...but what works for one doesn’t for another.
If my work involved staying in hotels then they’d be the last place I’d want to ‘holiday’ in

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You got it. For many of those years I had a small holding with animals and run my pubs. I didn't sit indoors for those 6 weeks, I did go out to places.

Prior to that I travelled the world however due to my wife's illness she can't fly.

As I posted I do stay in hotels all the time all over the south of England and Wales, it can make my work a joy, staying in great places enjoying the hot summers, good food, wonderful beer and all paid for, lucky me.

Fair enough. And I saw some of your snaps from “great places” earlier in this thread!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's seriously strange that folks are looking forward to their Safe European Holiday in about six week's time, just as we're slowly coming out of lockdown and just about every one of their intended destinations is just going back into full lockdown. So much crazy talk going on in pursuit of the tourist dollar and a bit of warm sandy beach :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here