Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Hogmanay

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Never understood why Australia always beat us to the fireworks at NYE. Bloody annoying.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Given the rates of infection are showing a wave of Covid akin to levels just prior to the the second lockdown, I'm hiding at home...I do that at the best of times, but now moreso!! Watch out who you kiss on NYE!! :laugh:
I’m a bit old fashioned I close my eyes

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing

Attachments

• IMG-20181017-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20181017-WA0000.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 35

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I have my crisp £5 note ready to pay entry to my local pub where it’s free to get in any other evening of the year.
That's outstanding value, £12 in all the pubs round here. Dave at the Ship has said regulars can get in for a tenner though so all good.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
cant stand it , worse night of the year
It's a brilliant night, everyone is out, even people who don't go out any other night of the year. The big build up, the chimes of Big Ben, the wild celebrations and Auld Langs Syne or Abba's Happy New Year to welcome in 2024. Always the biggest and best night on the social calendar.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’m hoping the missus and the kids go to her sisters and I can go to bed early.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Going round the in-laws for a couple of bevvies and a bit of Hootenanny

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never understood why Australia always beat us to the fireworks at NYE. Bloody annoying.
I always thought they were about 4 years behind us.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ah, New Year's Eve, the ultimate in faux joy. Such anticipation and hope that somehow a new dawn of wonder will be ushered in upon the chimes. Then the realisation that nothing has changed. And the New Year issues its first reality check at the opening of the eye and the throbbing of the head. Swiftly followed by the bank account balance that means that it's dry January by default.

You check Facebook to see how many 'likes' your Happy New Year post got. 13 ? That's three less than last year. So you convince yourself it was the timing rather than that you have 10% less folk who give a shit about you.

Ah, well. At least you have the day off. Just as well because tomorrow you have crammed those meetings in and the project you put off to give yourself an easy ride up to Christmas has to be done now. So tomorrow, after these hours of illusion, the alarm will ring, the rain will pour, and it's back to the same old shit.

Oh, and Happy New Year :D

Last edited:

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Ah, New Year's Eve, the ultimate in faux joy. Such anticipation and hope that somehow a new dawn of wonder will be ushered in upon the chimes. Then the realisation that nothing has changed. And the New Year issues its first reality check at the opening of the eye and the throbbing of the head. Swiftly followed by the bank account balance that means that it's dry January by default.

You check Facebook to see how many 'likes' your Happy New Year post got. 13 ? That's three less than last year. So you convince yourself it was the timing rather than that you have 10% less folk who give a shit about you.

Ah, well. At least you have the day off. Just as well because tomorrow you have crammed those meetings in and the project you put off to give yourself an easy ride up to Christmas has to be done now. So tomorrow, after these hours of illusion, the alarm will ring, the rain will pour, and it's back to the same old shit.
happy new year!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It's a brilliant night, everyone is out, even people who don't go out any other night of the year. The big build up, the chimes of Big Ben, the wild celebrations and Auld Langs Syne or Abba's Happy New Year to welcome in 2024. Always the biggest and best night on the social calendar.
It's still a load of bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here