Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hodgson resigns?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This.
Zaha is garbage. He has a 1 good game in 7. If they can get anywhere near 50 mil that's got to be one of the biggest robberies in football history. He also likes to sulk and whinge alot, Palace is probably about the right level for him

1 goal more than our centre half in two more games!!

30f53b7bafac4fa769524e9953a2bb92.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was in a better team. After 2 games they loaned him to Cardiff, he was rubbish there as well.

Zaha
Grealish
Wilshere
Currie (Tony)
Marsh
Best after 1969
Le Tissier

All shining stars in shit sides or, in a couple of cases, short lived missfits in great sides - or both. Lazy minded as footballers (I cannot comment on them as men); either gutless and silent and passive, or petulant, whiney and troublesome. In every case, disappointing.

All of them valued at twice their worth. All, in the end, prefaced in conversation by 'What a shame about old....'

Wouldn't want the current pair of lazy minded talent squanderers in our squad. Not on their preferred salaries, anyway.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
However, like many Albion fans, I cannot find anything remotely endearing about Zaha - only laughable things and an odd, odd bloke.

Agree about Hodgson, but not Zaha. Early on in the coronavirus crisis, he offered up a load of his properties to NHS staff. Great gesture and as much as I hate to say it, I will remember that even when we watch him in the future at the Amex. I love to have a pantomime villain and Zaha fits the bill nicely, however that kindness has ruined that a little for me.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Agree about Hodgson, but not Zaha. Early on in the coronavirus crisis, he offered up a load of his properties to NHS staff. Great gesture and as much as I hate to say it, I will remember that even when we watch him in the future at the Amex. I love to have a pantomime villain and Zaha fits the bill nicely, however that kindness has ruined that a little for me.

So he's a generous diving cheat.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Zaha
Grealish
Wilshere
Currie (Tony)
Marsh
Best after 1969
Le Tissier

All shining stars in shit sides or, in a couple of cases, short lived missfits in great sides - or both. Lazy minded as footballers (I cannot comment on them as men); either gutless and silent and passive, or petulant, whiney and troublesome. In every case, disappointing.

Currie and Marsh don't belong there - they both had pretty long careers and performed well at all their clubs. In fact, I'd argue that they were both under-valued; managers tended to be suspicious of players with their flamboyant skills. I'd say they were both prepared to move and certainly weren't content to coast along in one team all their lives.

I remember seeing Tony Currie not long after he'd moved to QPR and he absolutely bossed the game from start to finish - he was some player ... and didn't spend most of his time flinging himself to the floor like Sockboy or Mr Tumble.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Currie and Marsh don't belong there - they both had pretty long careers and performed well at all their clubs. In fact, I'd argue that they were both under-valued; managers tended to be suspicious of players with their flamboyant skills. I'd say they were both prepared to move and certainly weren't content to coast along in one team all their lives.

I remember seeing Tony Currie not long after he'd moved to QPR and he absolutely bossed the game from start to finish - he was some player ... and didn't spend most of his time flinging himself to the floor like Sockboy or Mr Tumble.

Possibly. My recollection of Currie was many years dossing at Sheffield United, and when he went to a declining Leeds (the team I had followed in the early 70s) he certainly had an extraordinary talent, but he failed to make much of a mark. Marsh was 29 when he got his first England cap after taking it easy at QPR. When he transferred to City he admited himself he was so unfit he threw up due to the exertion of training, and it has been argued his late transfer to City cost them the leaguehat year. You and I are the same age but we seem to be viewing part of the past through slightly differently tinted spectacles :wink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Possibly. My recollection of Currie was many years dossing at Sheffield United, and when he went to a declining Leeds (the team I had followed in the early 70s) he certainly had an extraordinary talent, but he failed to make much of a mark.

He was scarcely dossing at Sheffield - he was by far their best player. He then went to Leeds, who weren't at the early 70s best but were still comfortably in the top half of the 1st Division and then went to QPR - a good side in those days. He played 520 games so that's not a dossing career. When I saw him live, he was nearly 30 and was running the game - he was very far from lazy.

Marsh was 29 when he got his first England cap after taking it easy at QPR. When he transferred to City he admited himself he was so unfit he threw up due to the exertion of training, and it has been argued his late transfer to City cost them the leaguehat year. You and I are the same age but we seem to be viewing part of the past through slightly differently tinted spectacles :wink:

There might be more grounds for accusing Marsh but it wasn't his fault that he didn't fit into that City side. He had the effect of unbalancing the team - in the same way that Asprillo did for Newcastle about 25 years later. It's certainly not fair to say that he took it easy at QPR - he was pretty much a one-man team for them in the late 60s, he carried them rather than the other way round.

But the main problem, as I said, is that managers didn't know how to make the most of him. He had extraordinary ability and if someone could have harnessed that, he could have been some player.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was scarcely dossing at Sheffield - he was by far their best player. He then went to Leeds, who weren't at the early 70s best but were still comfortably in the top half of the 1st Division and then went to QPR - a good side in those days. He played 520 games so that's not a dossing career. When I saw him live, he was nearly 30 and was running the game - he was very far from lazy.

There might be more grounds for accusing Marsh but it wasn't his fault that he didn't fit into that City side. He had the effect of unbalancing the team - in the same way that Asprillo did for Newcastle about 25 years later. It's certainly not fair to say that he took it easy at QPR - he was pretty much a one-man team for them in the late 60s, he carried them rather than the other way round.

But the main problem, as I said, is that managers didn't know how to make the most of him. He had extraordinary ability and if someone could have harnessed that, he could have been some player.

Fair enough. I may be lazily jumping of the 'lazy b'stard' bandwagon here....

You have a strong point about managers. As you know the successful ones were strage charismatic people in the right place at the right time. Coaching was agricultural. It would have been interesting to see Marsh and Curry in a Potter side.....

All the best!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here