Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] HMS Sussex

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Saw the new recruits at the Navy desk at Plymouth station yesterday waiting to be taken to HMS Raleigh.
Nice short haircuts, quiet, ashen faced, shuffling from foot to foot, wondering what on earth they have gone and done.
I think they have done a very good thing, they just don't know it yet. I know and have met many people who have been or still are in The Navy, not one had a bad time.
Good luck.

My son has been to Raleigh 3 times with Sea Cadets & loves it there. Only started with the Sea Cadets as an alternative to Scouts at 10yrs old...now 15 and fully committed to serving in the Navy once hes finished his education :eek:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Aren't all tattoos supposed to be shit? I think there's a thread on here full of dullards belittling those with tattoos.
Proud to be a dullard. :thumbsup:
Why can't you just live and let live?
Hey l do,. I'm not knocking people who have them, it's just not my thing that's all.
Then you're not a dullard. I was talking of those (posting in a recent thread about tattoos) who think they're so superior because they haven't got any.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
9b22e03970c1b4d5470a852ff26c38be.png

HMS Shoreham
1e881111427dec4b2b3da795f4d81084.png

HMS Brighton

fa1e68201f47791b84e5de27070f8e26.png

HMS Brighton Ships Crest

I served on 3 of her sister ships, the Yarmouth, the Rothesay, and the Berwick, and I was on the Berwick when they sunk the Yarmouth, live firing an Exocet, off Gibraltar. Quite a strange feeling seeing an ex home being blown to bits.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good to know! I am going in as a WE, I'm imagining the training will be tough (I'm not the lightest person in the world though have lost 3 stone training for the fitness test) but the way i see it, its only ten weeks, just need to grit my teeth and get through it and ill have a job i want to do! Homesickness doesn't bother me either to be honest, been away from 'home' the last 8 years.

That's a great effort: well done. Good luck with it all :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here