Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hitting the dreaded 30

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
I turn 30 this year and want to organise something to remember with a few friends.

I don't want to have a party or go for a meal and end up in a nightclub - I have made a vow not to visit nightclubs again once 30 as I always (and still do) think it's wrong to see 30 year old men dancing to the latest pop hits with 16 year old girls, anyway I digress.

What I want is a sort of life experience for say 10 people - did anyone here do anything special or have any ideas for what will make a memorable time?

I'm stuck. :thumbsup:

I went diving with great white sharks in south africa on my 30th. Cannot describe how bloody brilliant it was. Don't think that helps you though does it?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ever tried parachuting ?

Good adrenalin rush makes it quite memorable, spend a weekend training and jumping, should be fun with a group of 10 :thumbsup:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I go clubbing with a load of people in their 30's - we're off to I love VC at the fridge on the 22nd April next. And there's 20 of us, 17 of whom are over 30 - the other 3 are 30 this year.

We also go to Cargo quite a bit - lots of over 30's there.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Barnet Seagull said:
I go clubbing with a load of people in their 30's - we're off to I love VC at the fridge on the 22nd April next. And there's 20 of us, 17 of whom are over 30 - the other 3 are 30 this year.

We also go to Cargo quite a bit - lots of over 30's there.

What I meant was Brighton clubs - there doesn't appear to be much targeted at over 30's - unless you want to perve down the Honeyclub or even worse the Event.

I went to I Love VC last year and it was a brilliant night :thumbsup:

As for parachuting, my missus is scared of flying so jumping out of a plan might be a little tough - on second thoughts....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can't remember anything good about my 30th birthday exactly, but life certainly got a shit load better soon after, I've fulfilled some pretty major ambitions and I'm not even halfway to 40 yet :rolleyes:

so I suppose my recommendation would be don't worry about the day per se, just enjoy the future ( with a little added wisdom if you can !)

Last edited:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Croydonbloke said:
What a pipe and slippers merchant.

You`re turning old before your time man.:rolleyes:

:lolol:

Is the Blue Orchid still open in Croydon - I could get tickets for there and go in the 70's room and everything.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
TrevorDove said:
:lolol:

Is the Blue Orchid still open in Croydon - I could get tickets for there and go in the 70's room and everything.
Nope closed down a while ago. Did you mean the Blue schoolkid!!!

You could try Tiger Tiger in Croydon, huge place and apparently rocks each week.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Croydonbloke said:

You could try Tiger Tiger in Croydon, huge place and apparently rocks each week.

I'd have thought they'd also serve up smack and charlie, given the area.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
TrevorDove said:
I went to I Love VC last year and it was a brilliant night :thumbsup:
Lab 4 are at the honey on 4th March, will be the first Hardsouth after the refirb. Good to see a few people into hard dance on the board, I thought it was all indie on here.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Billy the Fish said:
Lab 4 are at the honey on 4th March, will be the first Hardsouth after the refirb. Good to see a few people into hard dance on the board, I thought it was all indie on here.

Neurocide is one of my favourite albums

There's a few others around here who appreciate proper dance music.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
zefarelly said:
I can't remember anything good about my 30th birthday exactly, but life certainly got a shit load better soon after, I've fulfilled some pretty major ambitions and I'm not even halfway to 40 yet :rolleyes:

so I suppose my recommendation would be don't worry about the day per se, just enjoy the future ( with a little added wisdom if you can !)

:cheers:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lokki 7 said:
I went diving with great white sharks in south africa on my 30th. Cannot describe how bloody brilliant it was. Don't think that helps you though does it?
I'm gonna do that one day - I do like my SHARKS. :thumbsup:

But for my 30th, I had to make do with the birth of my son. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
As age expectancy gets older, surely our youth stays with us for longer. Therefore dont worry about being 30, its the new 20!.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
zefarelly said:

I hate to spoil things for you but if you've hit your 30's then you are in fact three quarters of the way to 40, well beyond half way there I'm afraid.

This thread is frightening me.

I'm 24 and that gives me 6 years to do anything with my life. Being unemployed isn't helping matters either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here