Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hit by a bottle yesterday at Leicester

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The usual I suspect a £50 Amazon voucher and a half arsed apology 🙄

Yes they apologised but also stated 'We are trying to work out where this has come from, we had one arrest for bottle throwing in the away end so we are checking to see if this was in the same area' . My reading of the words means they arrested a Brighton fan for similar.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Sorry to read this. I walked to and from the match with Leicester fans and found them friendly and generally positive about us. I hope it wasn't a Brighton fan that threw it too.

Loved the game and the constant singing in our end but the match atmosphere is all a bit weirdly fabricated for home fans - achieves the opposite of what they are aiming for. The goal music, the drum that seems to silence their fans from singing (quietest ground I've been to for a while), the "please wave your flag then leave it under your seat at the end of the game...that's why we call them honesty flags" announcements. It's all a bit like they are trying too hard.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sorry to hear that, definitely write to them and copy the club in.

And Barber would say that is exactly why ……..
...and yet, if we were determined to throw bottles, it would still be easy enough. Take a spare lid. A bit of BluTac. Or even a rolled up piece of tissue or bog paper.

If we had a fanbase determined to throw bottles at opposing fans or players, it really isn't that difficult and removing bottle tops certainly wouldn't stop it.

The only throwing incident I'm aware of at the Amex was when that chap threw a pie at Zaha. Barber never imposed a pie ban did he?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

The only throwing incident I'm aware of at the Amex was when that chap threw a pie at Zaha. Barber never imposed a pie ban did he?

No,
but they did stop selling them in boxes!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have just remembered I think I was hit by a bottle
Yes I don’t
Yes they apologised but also stated 'We are trying to work out where this has come from, we had one arrest for bottle throwing in the away end so we are checking to see if this was in the same area' . My reading of the words means they arrested a Brighton fan for similar.
No,
but they did stop selling them in boxes!
Albion themed boxes to Plain burger boxes, to the now paper bag also the steak and ale is way off the delicious original.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
...and yet, if we were determined to throw bottles, it would still be easy enough. Take a spare lid. A bit of BluTac. Or even a rolled up piece of tissue or bog paper.

If we had a fanbase determined to throw bottles at opposing fans or players, it really isn't that difficult and removing bottle tops certainly wouldn't stop it.

If someone threw their seat at Zaha I doubt he would ban seats either 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here