Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] His Majesty King Charles

How would you rate King Charles' first year as King?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not remotely interested in joining the IN/OUT bollocks that most of you spout. I was merely pointing out the nonsense of Simsters reply.

Please carry on talking all the shit you want.....which a number of this forums posters do all day and night. Fortunately, what gets said here has virtually no relevance in the real world.

I enjoy this forum mainly for the football info and the often very amusing replies to other subjects.
But you DID get involved in "the IN/OUT bollocks" by replying to me. Someone challenges your view and now you're somehow above it all?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
But you DID get involved in "the IN/OUT bollocks" by replying to me. Someone challenges your view and now you're somehow above it all?
Stop being pedantic Simster. I replied specifically to your remark about tourist figures. You know that.

I prefer your more measured posts which are usually pretty good.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
None of these types of figures take in to account what earnings would be from royal assets without the monarchy in place. The crown estate and the duchies belong to the nation, not the royals, as do the palaces castles and crown jewels. We could sell and/ or continue to generate revenue from any of these assets if we were to become a republic.
The Crown Estate does not include Windsor Castle (built by William the Conqueror) Sandringham (bought by George V) or Balmoral (bought by Queen Victoria) which are all private and would continue to belong to the family members. There are other private properties like Gatcombe, Highgrove etc which are personal to them. Artwork is also their personal property, unlike the British museum which contains stolen property.

Buckingham Palace does belong to the state and generates income by allowing visitors, as does the Tower of London etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Richly deserved honours and awards for Her Majesty The Queen and their Royal Highnesses The Prince and Princess of Wales

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here