Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "His deep-rooted dismay at the level of support at the Amex Stadium spilt over..."

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe a mod should merge all the Boo threads :wink:

Dunno about about. Assuming Naylor's words have been chosen carefully, and not just for purposes of clickbait, 'deep-rooted dismay' strongly suggests the issue has its origins far earlier than last Saturday. Which would be worrying. Maybe Naylor just shit-stirring tho

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Potter can piss off. He is entitled to his views and we are entitled to show our frustration. What does he expect from us exactly?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Final whistle went it was more of a ffs boo for a few seconds. Potter didn’t need to react, Naylor took the opportunity to fight with fans on social media (what’s new) all blown out of proportion

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Potter can piss off. He is entitled to his views and we are entitled to show our frustration. What does he expect from us exactly?

well , maybe he would expect not to get booed when we are 8th in the league and have just played the biggest team on the planet off the park , we are a striker away from top 10 finish , hopefully GP is too grown up to take his deckchair and piss off to a bigger club. Always been a bit of a boo crew at Brighton.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He reports this
https://theathletic.co.uk/2982663/2...-brighton-fans-need-a-history-lesson-not-him/

"The head coach’s misgivings are shared in the corridors of power at the Amex. It has been a topic of discussion since the summer as Brighton braced themselves for the return of full crowds after 18 months of playing in a near-empty stadium.
There is concern about a lack of understanding of the difficulties competing in the Premier League when even teams at the wrong end of the table possess individual players of high calibre, capable of posing problems.
This also manifests itself with perpetual calls from sections of the fanbase to break the bank to sign a striker capable of finishing off the chances created.
They have a ceiling for transfers and wages under chief executive Paul Barber, who is responsible for the day-to-day running of the club on behalf of the owner-chairman Tony Bloom.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is the bit that is irritating me, I am glad Potter reacted it shows he cares, but my god the over reaction to his response has now turned the booing by a few bell cheeses into the majority of Albion supporters are entitled idiots who are not happy with the club/team/management/catering staff/etc.

The media have latched onto it and are doing their usual trick of trying to create a massive story out of this and we are all getting dragged down to the level of the booboys.

Compare a few boos to this at the weekend…now that is a crowd a tad disappointed

https://youtube.com/shorts/faV16ODBMEU?feature=share

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Please tell me this post was intended as a joke ..............IT WAS ! .............wasn't it ?

CW is in the clear, I'm sure a certain poster will be along soon enough ready to blame me - I know not why. :shrug:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Please tell me this post was intended as a joke ..............IT WAS ! .............wasn't it ?

Nope.

From what I hear on 'the inside' this is all PR by potter anyway. Making the noises from the crowd heard louder and bringing on Jurgen as our only 'valid' striking option.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
He reports this
https://theathletic.co.uk/2982663/2...-brighton-fans-need-a-history-lesson-not-him/

"The head coach’s misgivings are shared in the corridors of power at the Amex. It has been a topic of discussion since the summer as Brighton braced themselves for the return of full crowds after 18 months of playing in a near-empty stadium.
There is concern about a lack of understanding of the difficulties competing in the Premier League when even teams at the wrong end of the table possess individual players of high calibre, capable of posing problems.
This also manifests itself with perpetual calls from sections of the fanbase to break the bank to sign a striker capable of finishing off the chances created.
They have a ceiling for transfers and wages under chief executive Paul Barber, who is responsible for the day-to-day running of the club on behalf of the owner-chairman Tony Bloom.

Dear Tony, please can you tell Paul we ought to buy a striker to convert the xGs to actual goals and this will put Brighton higher up the table, maybe back in the Champions League where we deserve to be this season so you will get more money, and itll also stop people booing so Graham can chill too, simple

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This thread is just dragging out what has already been covered on numerous other threads.
It's almost Laura Kuensbergesqe in it's subtlety.

I've taken the bait, so in fairness it is working and increasing NSC's traffic even though it's embarrassing for the vast majority of Brighton fans.

Sorry, that wasn't the intention at all. I've only dipped into the other threads very occasionally, so I would have missed this nuance, if it's been covered already.

I just feel slightly sad if Graham Potter has been carrying around a grudge with the Amex faithful for a while now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He reports this

Always been impressed by the insights of this Naylor man not to mention those who think he knows anything.

Normal Naylor Twitter day during silly season:

"I read in several foreign papers that Brighton might be interested in signing Unheardof Player X, is it true?"

Maybe

"I read in several foreign papers that Brighton might be interested in signing Super Talented Megawanted Player X, is it true?"

Ees complicated

"I read that Brighton might look into to signing Lionel Messi, is it true?"

No.

Brighton ends up signing unknown player X, does not get Supertalented Mega Wanted Player X and indeed does not sign Lionel Messi.

Oh my God Andy you are THE Oracle!!

He is a fraud.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He reports this

Maybe the club should review its ceiling, tho I doubt that would help very much in the long run. This is the big boys table. They're in competition with oligarchs and oil states now. Even a provincial billionaire would be hard-pressed to compete. Tis a quandary to be sure. Can only see it being resolved by a graceful retreat back down to the Championship or a fresh injection of funds that would allow us to buy one or more fit-for-purpose strikers

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Dear Tony, please can you tell Paul we ought to buy a striker to convert the xGs to actual goals and this will put Brighton higher up the table, maybe back in the Champions League where we deserve to be this season so you will get more money, and itll also stop people booing so Graham can chill too, simple

Dear [MENTION=1557]maffew[/MENTION],

Thank you for your letter. Paul, the recruitment team, the first team manager have all repeatedly told me we need to buy a striker, or 2, and I tell you as I have told them, I am already bankrolling this footballing club to 10s of millions of pounds of losses each year and I am not prepared to sanction a break in our salary structure or a spend over £Xm.

Thanks for your concern, but it's not like my staff or myself need telling this information.

All the best

Tony.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
He reports this

Right.

So we just don’t understand…..As others have said it was a few idiots which has descended into a long-standing topic of discussion apparently. What a load of rubbish - if that is the case why did 30,000 of us bother to sit in the freezing cold on a Saturday evening to watch the team?

Naylor - if you are reading this, stop patronising us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here