Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hip Replacement Anaesthetics

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's what I did. Operation was this morning - 26th - and has gone well.

I can quite understand the thoughts on both sides of this, and had decided to go spinal block if they could guarantee I would be unaware of what was going on. The vast majority are done that way these days apparently. There is the risk of permanent damage to the spinal chord, but the anaesthetist said the rusknus I in 10,000, and that is mire than he would do in his lifetime.

To cut a long story short, arrived at hospital at 7.30. Shown to room in a few minutes, talk with surgeon, anaesthetist, nurse, person to take bloods. Then changed and taken down to theatre. Sitting on couch talking to anaesthetist while he put the drip thing in the back of my hand. Next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery at 10.20 totally oblivious to everything that happened.

Thanks again for all good wishes etc. NSC is a wonderful place.

Glad it went well for you, all the best with your recovery.

That thing into your hand was a cannula. With an op and two hospital stays in Feb, I got fed up with the constant jabs looking for suitable blood vessels in my hands.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I can quite understand the thoughts on both sides of this, and had decided to go spinal block if they could guarantee I would be unaware of what was going on. The vast majority are done that way these days apparently. There is the risk of permanent damage to the spinal chord, but the anaesthetist said the rusknus I in 10,000, and that is mire than he would do in his lifetime.

To cut a long story short, arrived at hospital at 7.30. Shown to room in a few minutes, talk with surgeon, anaesthetist, nurse, person to take bloods. Then changed and taken down to theatre. Sitting on couch talking to anaesthetist while he put the drip thing in the back of my hand. Next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery at 10.20 totally oblivious to everything that happened.

Happy for you all went well. :wave:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

sounds like it went like a dream .......pleased for you , all the best for your recovery...!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here