Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hip-Hop/EDM/Bass fans

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Generally people using Ableton to DJ wil have their stuff per arranged in a live set due to the need to warp and prepare the tracks first. This takes too much of the spontaneity out of using it to DJ for me. I use Ableton for production and Serato for DJing. Haven't had a chance to listen to your mix yet but will give it a go.

yeh that's what I thought, although I guess if your DJing with people behind you seeing a pre-arraged set they probably wouldnt be too impressed!

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Here's a mix by a West Ham fan I know. I call him 'cockney monkey boy'. Let me know what you think. I haven't heard it. He was a recording engineer or some such (I'm not a music industry insider). One day, I'll find time to give it a listen.
Wybez Breaking Bad - Blue Sky Mix (2013) by Wybez on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

If you want to provide feedback direct to him, he's Alfie Noakes on this bb
http://www.the-millionaires-club.co.uk/viewmess.asp

I'm Professor B Cox.

just starting listening to this mix now so will let you know, like the look of a lot of it, but i hate trance/acid stuff, so may switch off at that part

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
just starting listening to this mix now so will let you know, like the look of a lot of it, but i hate trance/acid stuff, so may switch off at that part

I've now been banned from the millionaires club website by the fascist nazi mod, denc. There's an Arse fan on there called fibreglass. He started bleating about me putting a link to the millionaires club website on this bb because it's full of 'hooligans' according to him. Do us a favour, pop over and tell fibreg he's a twat, on my behalf, please. Professor B Cox.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011

Poor show on the EDM (wtf am I supposed to call it, no one's ever given me a straight answer) front on this bb, wtf are kids in Sussex listening to (I don't often make it out of London much)? Brighton's club listings look shite too, from a brief look, wtf is going on down there? If I'm down for the Leicester game with a Leicester mate, should we just head straight back to London after the game?
Wybez is a no mark amateur. If you're going to listen to a mix, check this Mat Zo:
Mat Zo BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix by Mat_Zo on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Poor show on the EDM (wtf am I supposed to call it, no one's ever given me a straight answer) front on this bb, wtf are kids in Sussex listening to (I don't often make it out of London much)? Brighton's club listings look shite too, from a brief look, wtf is going on down there? If I'm down for the Leicester game with a Leicester mate, should we just head straight back to London after the game?
Wybez is a no mark amateur. If you're going to listen to a mix, check this Mat Zo:
Mat Zo BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix by Mat_Zo on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

what are you talking about.......just because you don't see any listing of music you like, doesn't mean nothing is going on. Ryan Hemsworth just played in Brighton - in my eyes that is amazing.....

also stop trolling on here negatively about anything that isn't Trance or EXACTLY what you like, it doesn't make it bad. Not surprised you got banned off that other board cos you sound proper head-mental

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I consider the Brighton scene pretty healthy at the moment. There's pretty big names (in certain scenes) down here every week. Tonight is Ben UFO and Paul Woolford at Life which ought to be amazing.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I like the "Randsta does the big beach thing" mix, I think. tbh, I prefer Arty or Cosmic Gate but it's a top effort.
How about some Seven Lions?
Seven Lions Mix (Hour Long Dubstep / Electro / Trancestep Mix) - YouTube

Cheers dude if your interested here's my end of year mix 2012 - The douchbags EDAM year mix 2012 https://soundcloud.com/fatrandsgrandslam/the-douchbags-edam-year-mix

1. High Rankin - f*** You Virtual DJ
2. One Republic vs. Otto Knows vs. Jakob Liedholm vs. Thomas Gold - Million Apologies (Frost MashUp)
3. Coldplay - Viva la vida (Primacy Funk & Mats Gulbrandsen 2012 Remix)
4. Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso vs Dirty South & Rudy - Phazing Call (Rks Bootleg)
5. Ellie Goulding vs Arty vs Feenixpawl - Open Lights (CHT & Christion Lou Mashup)
6. Swedish House Mafia vs Ferry Corsten - Save the Punk (Inphinity Bootleg)
7. Zedd feat. Matthew Koma - Spectrum (3LAU Remix)
8. Ferry Corsten feat. Aruna – Live forever epic (Michael Woods Remix)
9. The Aston Shuffle & Tommy Trash - Sunrise (Won't Get Lost) (Tommy Trash Version)
10. Showtek & Justin Prime - Cannonball vs Tommy Trash - Sunrise (Steve Harwell reboot
11. Kaskade vs. Showtek & Justin Prime - Cannonball It Down (Luke Romero & AdamTay Mashup)
12. delirium vs. zedd - shot silence (kitsch 2.0 bootleg)
13. Mord Fustang Vs Zedd - Super Shotgun (FIRST STATE BASUP)
14. Cygnus X vs David Guetta & Nicky Romero - Super Metropolis (Hardwell MashUp)
15. David Guetta & Nicky Romero vs Henrik B and Rudy - Leave a Light On for Metropolis (Lee Wells Mashup)
16. Chuckie & Promise Land - Breaking Up feat. Amanda Wilson (Bartosz Brenes & Tony Romera Remix)
17. Tiesto & Wolfgang Gartner vs Chuckie & Promise Land - We Own The Breaking Up (Hardwell MashUp)
18. beating-of-my-sweet-disposition-ledger-bootleg
19. Dada Life vs Zedd vs Matthew Koma - Feed The Spectrum (Newklear Bootleg)
20. Dimitri Like & Zedd.V.Am ft. Eva Koma - WOW! This is Spectrum! (GiObAT & Djenergy Mashup)
21. Zedd vs Yves V & Felguk ft. Dada Koma - Feed the WOW (Turn off your Stache) (GiObAT Mashup)
22. Knife Party - Internet Tetris Rapture (Chuckie Mash)
23. Chuckie vs Tom Fall - Who's Ready For iRok (Hardwell MashUp)
24. R3hab & Swanky Tunes vs Hard Rock Sofa & Swanky Tunes - Sending My Love vs The Edge (R3hab Bootleg)
25. Dada Life - Rolling Stone T-Shirt (A-TEAM Re-Lick)
26. Qulinez vs. Dirty south - Trolls Walking Alone (p.Hi Mashup)
27. Alesso Vs Adrian Lux - Years Of Teenage Crime (Joey Beatz Bootleg)
28. Florence & the Machine Vs Alesso Vs Matthew Koma – Years
29. Avicii - Silhouettes (Syn Cole Creamfields Mix)
30. Dirty South, Thomas Gold, Kate Elsworth - Eyes Wide Open (Original Mix)
31. Dyro & Ansol – Top of the world
32. Peace Treaty Vs ESOT Vs Jay-Z & Kanye West - Heard You Were Walking In Paris (Hardwell & MAKJ MashUp)
33. Firebeatz & Schella – Dear New York
34. Porter Robinson Vs Above & Beyond - Sun and Language (Fabian Gray Bootleg)
35. Bad Boy Bill - FallingAnthem_AcousticMix
36. Gotye vs. Swedish House Mafia - Greyhound That I Used To Know (Fun[k]House Bootleg)
37. PSY feat. Gotye vs. Avicii - Gangnam Style vs. Levels (3LAU Mashup)

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne

EDM much like trance by many is considered to be a dirty word - and a no no with "real clubbers". - I agree what you say about Brighton clubs, as I like mainly house and trance and none of the "big names"- (refer to the DJ list top 100) ever appear there, it's because the clubs are smaller and don't tend to attract that sort of crowd. The Honey Club and the Zap use to be amazing for having the cream of House and Trance DJ's but they have gone now!
There are some really good clubs in Brighton but unfortunately the town has got a bit of a reputation now as being the destination of choice for boozed up hen and stag night who don't care what's playing.
If you open your mind and ears to other styles of music there are some really good clubs - The escape, Digital and Concorde 2 have pretty decent night on (imho) where you can find like minded people who want to rave their arses off.
If you want Trance I'd head back up North....it's not that popular here anymore :(
Loved the Mat Zo mix great stuff :)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There are some interesting vids of Richie Hawtin going through his live Ableton set up on his website.

Hundreds of tutorial vids on youtube that are a really good watch (if you like that kind of thing). This is probably my favourite at the moment, a mind boggling setup. It does make me laugh when you get techno geeks slag off other DJs for just mixing tracks rather than do anything clever but the thing is, most of the dancefloor haven't got a scooby what is actually going on or that the DJ is adding in loops and different bits of percussion, to me it's always been more important to make the set flow properly, that is still where the biggest skill lies because not everyone can do it very well.

[yt]pohTY2x0J2Q[/yt]

EDM much like trance by many is considered to be a dirty word - and a no no with "real clubbers". - I agree what you say about Brighton clubs, as I like mainly house and trance and none of the "big names"- (refer to the DJ list top 100) ever appear there, it's because the clubs are smaller and don't tend to attract that sort of crowd. The Honey Club and the Zap use to be amazing for having the cream of House and Trance DJ's but they have gone now!
There are some really good clubs in Brighton but unfortunately the town has got a bit of a reputation now as being the destination of choice for boozed up hen and stag night who don't care what's playing.
If you open your mind and ears to other styles of music there are some really good clubs - The escape, Digital and Concorde 2 have pretty decent night on (imho) where you can find like minded people who want to rave their arses off.
If you want Trance I'd head back up North....it's not that popular here anymore :(
Loved the Mat Zo mix great stuff :)

The trance scene is pretty much dead in england but for a few strongholds - The Gallery, Passion/Storm are the only regular big nights I can think of.

I haven't been clubbing in Brighton for ages, I stopped going a couple of years back when the crowds seemed more interested in standing around looking pretty than being at a rave. The last 6 months have rekindled my love of dance music though because we started going to nights in London - the Techno scene is booming there at the moment. Loads of good music getting released at the moment as well.
As for Brighton, a few mates have said good things about nights at Audio recently so I think I'll have to give that a try, I might even dust off the CDJs!

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
what are you talking about.......just because you don't see any listing of music you like, doesn't mean nothing is going on. Ryan Hemsworth just played in Brighton - in my eyes that is amazing.....

also stop trolling on here negatively about anything that isn't Trance or EXACTLY what you like, it doesn't make it bad. Not surprised you got banned off that other board cos you sound proper head-mental
a question mark means I'm asking, cretin. I've never heard of Ryan Hemsworth but will check him, so thanks for that bit of your otherwise imbecilic response.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Hundreds of tutorial vids on youtube that are a really good watch (if you like that kind of thing). This is probably my favourite at the moment, a mind boggling setup. It does make me laugh when you get techno geeks slag off other DJs for just mixing tracks rather than do anything clever but the thing is, most of the dancefloor haven't got a scooby what is actually going on or that the DJ is adding in loops and different bits of percussion, to me it's always been more important to make the set flow properly, that is still where the biggest skill lies because not everyone can do it very well.

[yt]pohTY2x0J2Q[/yt]

The trance scene is pretty much dead in england but for a few strongholds - The Gallery, Passion/Storm are the only regular big nights I can think of.

I haven't been clubbing in Brighton for ages, I stopped going a couple of years back when the crowds seemed more interested in standing around looking pretty than being at a rave. The last 6 months have rekindled my love of dance music though because we started going to nights in London - the Techno scene is booming there at the moment. Loads of good music getting released at the moment as well.
As for Brighton, a few mates have said good things about nights at Audio recently so I think I'll have to give that a try, I might even dust off the CDJs!

I think Trance is a lot more popular up North and in Scotland, Defiantly not DEAD!- What about Cream, Gatecrasher and the arches in Glasgow? and Trance does pretty well at the festivals as well... Just look who's Headlining SW4 this year ....Armin!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
a question mark means I'm asking, cretin. I've never heard of Ryan Hemsworth but will check him, so thanks for that bit of your otherwise imbecilic response.

what were you asking? you were looking for confirmation of your opinion that music in brighton is shit and nothing is going on......

seriously though, going off your posts here and what i saw on that other board you sound like a rambling schizophrenic

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

My mates night at Audio has been selling out every month near enough, say they are packing them in pretty much all week there too.

His latest podcast is nice: schtummcast010 - neal schtumm by schtumm! on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Tensnake's essential mix worth a listen if you like that kind of thing: Tensnake BBC Essential Mix (2013-02-16) by Tensnake on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
what were you asking? you were looking for confirmation of your opinion that music in brighton is shit and nothing is going on......

seriously though, going off your posts here and what i saw on that other board you sound like a rambling schizophrenic

schizoid masochist, actually. You talking about the millionaires club? They're a bunch of pompous, imbecilic, literal-minded, Daily Mail, UKIP twats. They didn't like me because I pricked their pomposity.
Your internet friend.
Knife Party - Internet Friends (Best version) - YouTube

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here