Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hinkley United wound up in court.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
So you know **** all about them then? Well, I have detailed experience of Hinkley Town, and their youth teams in particular which I posted about having had the misfortune to have had two sons play against them for a number of seasons.

I buy The Non League Paper every week and have been well aware of the precarious situation that Hinckley United have been in. There are or have been a number of clubs recently that have had financial problems. Most of them thankfully get resolved, like Aldershot Town and Farnborough to continue and their loyal fans can carry on supporting them. Unfortunately Hinckley United FC don't have that opportunity anymore.

Your problem stems from the old club that was merged from Hinckley Athletic and Hinckley Town to form a new team - time to move on now don't you think? All that anger can't be good for you. Please mind your language as well. Thanks.

DJhinckley

...and it's Stooooreeer
Jan 14, 2006
independent
just to fill you in on my yearly update. yes we are dead. our board did not contest the winding up petition from our former chairman, and the judge granted the petition.

a bit of background: a couple of years ago our former chairman had allowed a debt to build up by not paying the HMRC whilst chasing the dream of conference football. this debt reached around £250K, before HMRC petitioned to wind up in 2010. to pay the debt the former chairman used money from his families pension fund, placing a charge against the Main Stand complex of our ground. When the former chairman resigned after a power struggle the football club were due to pay rent, but did not keep up payments, as other creditors were deemed more important. in january of this year, directors set up a new company, Hinckley Stadium Ltd, with just one of the directors as a shareholder, and transfered the assets of the club into that company. the assets of the club being the land, ground and pitches except for the Main Stand complex. they did this without ratification from the shareholders of Hinckley United and are currently being investigated by the police, after complaints by shareholders. the board refused to negotiate with the former chairman and left him with no choice but to persue his debt through the courts. With no assets left in Hinckley United FC Ltd, it was of no further use to the directors, and incredibly even asked the high court judge to liquidate the club.

information on the newco, the shareholding and the transfer of assets is all in the public domain at Companies House. As a shareholder of Hinckley United myself, last december I was part owner of a team and a ground, and now I have nothing. the result of the police investigation will not bring my club back from the death, but it will show exactly who killed it and why.

Stuart Storer has been a professional throughout this sorry mess and always will be a legend at Hinckley, as well as yourselves.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sad day. My dad is from that area and I got them to the Prem + Europe on nearly every FM....... looks like I need a new non-league team (other than Hastings who are too low) now :/

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
just to fill you in on my yearly update. yes we are dead. our board did not contest the winding up petition from our former chairman, and the judge granted the petition.

a bit of background: a couple of years ago our former chairman had allowed a debt to build up by not paying the HMRC whilst chasing the dream of conference football. this debt reached around £250K, before HMRC petitioned to wind up in 2010. to pay the debt the former chairman used money from his families pension fund, placing a charge against the Main Stand complex of our ground. When the former chairman resigned after a power struggle the football club were due to pay rent, but did not keep up payments, as other creditors were deemed more important. in january of this year, directors set up a new company, Hinckley Stadium Ltd, with just one of the directors as a shareholder, and transfered the assets of the club into that company. the assets of the club being the land, ground and pitches except for the Main Stand complex. they did this without ratification from the shareholders of Hinckley United and are currently being investigated by the police, after complaints by shareholders. the board refused to negotiate with the former chairman and left him with no choice but to persue his debt through the courts. With no assets left in Hinckley United FC Ltd, it was of no further use to the directors, and incredibly even asked the high court judge to liquidate the club.

information on the newco, the shareholding and the transfer of assets is all in the public domain at Companies House. As a shareholder of Hinckley United myself, last december I was part owner of a team and a ground, and now I have nothing. the result of the police investigation will not bring my club back from the death, but it will show exactly who killed it and why.

Stuart Storer has been a professional throughout this sorry mess and always will be a legend at Hinckley, as well as yourselves.

Been to 5-6 games and sounds awful. No chance of them groundsharing with Borough (Nuneaton) or anything then while police case was ongoing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here