Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough prosecutions

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Am neither ignorant or a Sun reader. Just dared to express an opinion. Stand by what i said, many liverpool fans would've been late / drunk / ticketless.

But what is your opinion based upon? Where is YOUR evidence upon which you have based your opinion? But carry on spouting your senseless insensitive drivel, and we will carry on laughing at your pathetic ignorance.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely there are two aspects here.

Firstly, were there ticketless fans at the game or trying to get to the game. Almost certainly yes. Anyone that went to football would know that people went without tickets. If they didn't, to whom would the touts be selling tickets too? Every big game would have touts so why would the semi final of the FA Cup be any different.

Secondly, and more relevantly, did the presence of ticketless fans contribute to the disaster. The conclusion of the inquest is that they didn't.

There was a myriad of circumstances that contributed to what happened. Decisions by the Police, both on the day and in the build up, previous behaviour of fans (from many clubs) that led to erection of cages, the design of the stadium, lack of available medics and the delay in recognizing what was actually happening as it unfolded etc etc. As HB & B pointed out, in the build up the Police seemed to ignore past practice which seemed to have been effective but not sure anyone believes this was done with 'malice' towards football supporters. With the benefit of hindsight different decisions would surely have been made.

What I find surprising is the small number of charges in relation to the aftermath and the perverting of justice on a large scale. Nothing could change what had happened after the event but the truth should have come out at the time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Who gave you the right to re-write history to suit your own agenda?

What you're honking on about there has nothing to do with the reality of what happened. So why post it?

What gives you the right to go around policing everyone's posts that you disagree with?
Why don't you apply to be a mod? I think it'd be better than your current method of telling people what they can and can't post and then reporting them to mods.
Pathetic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've said my bit on this thread. Extroardinary, however, how certain people, and by and large it is the usual suspects (serial cockwombles), feel that expressing their ignorance, prejudice and nastiness is much more important in taking note of the facts and shutting the **** up. :shrug::nono::facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What gives you the right to go around policing everyone's posts that you disagree with?
Why don't you apply to be a mod? I think it'd be better than your current method of telling people what they can and can't post and then reporting them to mods.
Pathetic.

It isn't policing posts, and do you have proof that he's reported any posts to mods? Aren't you policing his posts, trying to tell him what he can and can't post?

As he pointed out, the facts about Hillsborough are known and decided in a court of law, so the opinion of the poster is irrelevant, in that it isn't a disagreement with TLO, but a disagreement with fact.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It isn't policing posts, and do you have proof that he's reported any posts to mods? Aren't you policing his posts, trying to tell him what he can and can't post?

As he pointed out, the facts about Hillsborough are known and decided in a court of law, so the opinion of the poster is irrelevant, in that it isn't a disagreement with TLO, but a disagreement with fact.

Oh Lordy, it's the other self appointed Sherrif of NSC. I shan't dignify yet another of your condescending witterings with an answer. And this thread deserves more than a binfest so I shall respectfully bow out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here