Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hijacked EgyptAir plane landed at Larnaca airport...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He'll be out soon enough. There's only so long a man can survive on little bags of peanuts and mini cans of Coke. At least when he does emerge he should smell nice from all the Duty-Free aftershave.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
He'll be out soon enough. There's only so long a man can survive on little bags of peanuts and mini cans of Coke. At least when he does emerge he should smell nice from all the Duty-Free aftershave.

He has not thought this through. By hijacking an internal flight, there will be no duty free.

They may try and flog some bits on an internal flight, but the selection will not be as good as long haul.

Poor planning by this chap.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He has not thought this through. By hijacking an internal flight, there will be no duty free.

They may try and flog some bits on an internal flight, but the selection will not be as good as long haul.

Poor planning by this chap.

He is now saying that he did think of that, but the alternative was Ryanair and he did not want to pay the ridiculous excess charge for the suicide belt, they offered to put it in the hold but he said they were missing the point.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Reporting on this is all over the place... very strange stories and counter-stories coming out...

Suggestions he is now making demands about the freeing of prisoners... odd thing for a lovelorn vet to be doing??

Reporting on this is all over the place... very strange stories and counter-stories coming out...

Suggestions he is now making demands about the freeing of prisoners... odd thing for a lovelorn vet to be doing??

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the Vet was in fact one of the Passengers who got released.

Very odd all the same.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
He is now saying that he did think of that, but the alternative was Ryanair and he did not want to pay the ridiculous excess charge for the suicide belt, they offered to put it in the hold but he said they were missing the point.

He did book on Ryanair for an earlier attempt but was passed off when they landed at larnaca Southend and he was going to be bussed the rest of the way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is he just SH1T at geography - said Larnaca, meant Ankara?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not connected with terrorism , just a plain old run of the mill hijacking ???
Ah that takes me back to the news of my yoof.

In the good old days you could storm the cockpit, divert the plane, land safely, and finish it all off with a nice media standoff.

Not knowing where you'd land was one of the joys of flying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here