Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#### Highlights ####

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The ball was in the air a fair amount of time.
Stockdale chooses to move toward the ball so he can take it on his chest - it doesn't fly at him at chest height.
He chose not to put his boot through it (or head it) away.
Nothing and no one forced him to try and chest it down.
He took a risk to maintain possession and it didn't come off.

Stockdale had to move forward to the ball as there was another Preston player coming in through the centre.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Stockdale had to move forward to the ball as there was another Preston player coming in through the centre.

Yep but he could have moved forward less and put his foot through it or moved forward more and headed / punched it is the point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep but he could have moved forward less and put his foot through it or moved forward more and headed / punched it is the point.

It's easy for us sitting here posting but when you've got a bad backpass coming at you, and two opposition players rushing in, then chesting it down to hoof it away seemed to be the best option. Unfortunately for Stockdale, when he chested it down, it went slightly further in front of him, than he wanted.
He should never have been put in that position by his own defence in the first place.
I saw a still of the situation on Twitter earlier and the positioning of Bruno & Duffy was appalling.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It's easy for us sitting here posting but when you've got a bad backpass coming at you, and two opposition players rushing in, then chesting it down to hoof it away seemed to be the best option. Unfortunately for Stockdale, when he chested it down, it went slightly further in front of him, than he wanted.
He should never have been put in that position by his own defence in the first place.
I saw a still of the situation on Twitter earlier and the positioning of Bruno & Duffy was appalling.

I'm not too down on Stockdale, he's been very decent for us overall, but other suggestions that the goal was all down to Bruno are wide of the mark on this occassion.

As for Duffy, he expects Bruno to lay it back to him on his right so he can clear upfield. His positioning is good for this but when it doesn't happen he ball watches and ptretty much stands still. Like most of us he probably thought Stockdale would clear it first time...

It was a very poor goal to concede & they all know it. It's good another game is coming aiong quickly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the players under estimated Preston today and Brentford a few weeks ago. In both games I thought the team looked like they thought they could just turn up and take the 3 points home. Didn't seem 'at it'.

Coincidence that both games came off the back of a poxy international break? Doubt it. These breaks seem to knock all the momentum out of the team, they come back looking ring rusty. Still,we regained momentum enough to see off Huddersfield on the Tuesday following the Saturday Brentford defeat, so can hopefully do the same against Wolves this coming Tuesday.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Coincidence that both games came off the back of a poxy international break? Doubt it. These breaks seem to knock all the momentum out of the team, they come back looking ring rusty.

Totally agree.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I know it's not quite the point, but if you had told me before the games that we would have taken 4 points from Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: away and Preston at home, I'd've been happy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know it's not quite the point, but if you had told me before the games that we would have taken 4 points from Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: away and Preston at home, I'd've been happy.

I said that yesterday. In fact, considering we nearly always lose at Hillsborough, and always draw against Preston, we are doing better than average.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Stocko has had a mare on both goals for me. Awful starting position for the second and why the hell he didn't just leather that clearance from Bruno away god only knows...

Also Duffy has to be stronger than that for 4 million quid.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
The pass from Norwood TO Bruno to setup that cross was even better
Think that's what he was referring to. But glad you rightly namechecked Norwood! Awesome vision and weight of pass.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Coincidence that both games came off the back of a poxy international break? Doubt it. These breaks seem to knock all the momentum out of the team, they come back looking ring rusty. Still,we regained momentum enough to see off Huddersfield on the Tuesday following the Saturday Brentford defeat, so can hopefully do the same against Wolves this coming Tuesday.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Stephens didn't start either match also. I know Sidwell and Norwood played well at Wednesday but I do think with Kayal and Stephens in the middle at home we are dynamic and drive forward more which is more important at home than it is away.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Took 4 pages for anyone to mention THAT pass from Norwood - disappointed in most of you :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The pass from Norwood TO Bruno to setup that cross was even better

:lol: Don't think you read that right! But yes, what a ball. Bruno's was class too & so was Sam's finish. Excellent, excellent goal. How the **** did we not win that game...

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
[emoji38] Don't think you read that right! But yes, what a ball. Bruno's was class too & so was Sam's finish. Excellent, excellent goal. How the **** did we not win that game...
Because we are a generous club and on occasion we like to gift the opposition with a goal or two.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here