Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highlight of the season so far?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
The thing with the Burnley game is now, it is a fantastic result, but back then it just seemed like a simple win over a decent Championship team.

One thing I am surprised hasn't been mentioned is our win against Doncaster. We don't score many, so when we concede in the 80th odd minute, it all felt like we had flopped to another draw. But to get those 2 goals, especially that peach from Lopez, really felt massive and a turning point in the season.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm hoping that the highlight of the season is still to come.

Somehow we have managed to get ourselves into a decent position in the league despite our injury problems & lack of goals.

If we can start hitting the net instead of the woodwork in the last quarter of the season then this might just be a season to remember.

LuaLua - too often for me the only cutting edge we have

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Big John Obika trying a bicycle kick whilst we were trailing 2-1 with 10 minutes to go. I was laughing so hard that I didn't see if it cleared the North Stand or nestled in row Z.

Leaving for QPR away at 9am and getting home 21 hours later after a monster session which seemed to stretch over half of Southern England.

The Caxton Arms getting BT sport and a new Pool table was pretty special too.

Good call. I was convinced that he'd hit it out the stadium.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Leicester game, particularly the 2nd goal. The ball to Conway by Spanish Dave was probably the best vision and execution of a pass that I've seen at this level.

As indicated in post 34, I thought his ball to Barnes for the first was even better. SD*1 on form is a wonderful thing to have. Let's hope the 'on form' bit applies for the next 16 games. He might even get a new contract out of it. We might even make the play-offs. We might even get promoted.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
LuaLua against I think Derby, fantastic when came on

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My boy ditching his Villa Top and giving me £70 of his birthday money towards his Amex 14-15 season ticket , yes i took it :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here