Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

High profile managers:We're just not going to get one

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Can we just face up to the fact that we aren't going to get Ince, Hoddle, Gannon, Dowie or Curbishley and speculate on realistic targets?

They're all out of our price/league position range and I think we need to get real.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Would hardly call Gannon high profile. With regards to Ince, he has to prove himself again after failing at Blackburn.

If you were to remove Blackburn from Ince's CV, he hasn't really achieved anything else other than getting MK Dons aout of league 2 and stopping Macclesfield dropping out of it.

I think the others you mention are unrealistic however.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Can we just face up to the fact that we aren't going to get Ince, Hoddle, Gannon, Dowie or Curbishley and speculate on realistic targets?

They're all out of our price/league position range and I think we need to get real.

I think you may find yourself taking back that statement. The board need to make a statement after Adams left after only nine months. We have spent quite a lot on this squad compared to others in this league and many think that we are in a bit of a false position considering the players available. I think that we will get quite a high profile manager but we will have to wait and see.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I agree with all bar Gannon. I wouldn't say he is that high profile and given that we were able to get McNulty down here that can only bode well for Gannon.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Would you have classed Peter Taylor as High Profile when he took over from MA 1st time round? after all he had managed England(albeit as caretaker) not 18 months before. IMO as managers, Taylor was just as/if not more high profile then as Ince is now.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
High Profile? Jim Gannon?:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here