High mileage cars

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The 2 Litre turbo Peugeot/Citroen diesel engine is the best in the world, it's the other bits of the two makes that kill them. A 2000 and 1600 modern version is found in the Citroen/ Peugeot, Fords and others. The actual diesel engine of any make, is the least of any owners troubles.
I've had two, 300.000 miles plus, never had to top up the oil. As I said it's all the other bits. Modern brake discs appear to be made out of chocolate, tyres last longer.

I don't think I've had a set of brake pads wear out ever in a car. It's how you use them. Anticipation and using the gears is the key.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I don't think I've had a set of brake pads wear out ever in a car. It's how you use them. Anticipation and using the gears is the key.

Discs Doug, discs. It's apparently because the pads are so hard because of the lack of asbestos in them now days.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I Honda V-tec engine will outlive cockroaches.

Thanks for the heads up. It looks good but I wouldnt go as far as Bradford to puchase. The veichle I saw (online) was the one below:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/1500/postcode/bn24ra/page/1?logcode=p

No probs Jim but for a car with 37k less on the clock I would make an offer of £3.600 and then go up on the train and have a weekend up in Yorkshire with the missus and do the railway childrens steam railway
I done that when I bought my last car, had a great time.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports