Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] high flying Clive and his hi fi five

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Late 70s early 80s band, possibly from Eastbourne? Can't find a trace on the web. My half-baked memories and curiosity are piqued. Ring any bells, O hive mind?

Tremendous name for a band. Up there with "Dr Phibes and the house of wax equations".

Also, I can find no trace of "Now is the time to say goodby to the whimpering child and ...." also known as the whimps.

The internet really is rubbish. Sometimes.

el punal

Late 70s early 80s band, possibly from Eastbourne? Can't find a trace on the web. My half-baked memories and curiosity are piqued. Ring any bells, O hive mind?

Tremendous name for a band. Up there with "Dr Phibes and the house of wax equations".

Also, I can find no trace of "Now is the time to say goodby to the whimpering child and ...." also known as the whimps.

It is disconcerting. I am still trying to obtain information on the band ‘Randy Grope and the Exploding Green Laxative’ but alas no joy. :down:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought this might have been about Tyldesley, the commentator, taking some recreational substances.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Before my time but Keith Hurley was in this band (& dozens of others in the 60s & 70s).
Go on 'DJ Gremlin's Rockin' Stompers' Facebook page, you'll find Keith crops up regularly

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Eastbourne you say H? Are you maybe confusing them with Leapy Lee and his lo-fi three?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I put on Dr Phibes twice in Tunbridge Well, absolutely brilliant band, also very loud. As for the other band, no idea.
Poor old Howard :confused:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Before my time but Keith Hurley was in this band (& dozens of others in the 60s & 70s).
Go on 'DJ Gremlin's Rockin' Stompers' Facebook page, you'll find Keith crops up regularly
We had Keith as our sound engineer during the 80s. The fact he was as deaf as a post was offset somewhat by the fact he'd turn up with a huge rig and then take it all down later, long after we had left :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here