Hey Muso's...take a look at this!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The John Peel Centre for Creative Arts is publishing all of the great mans record collection on line, you can view his original index cards, the record cover and a link will take you to the song. Every week more will be added so book mark it and keep popping back.

This is all part of a great, interactive website based on John Peel's record studio.

Enjoy...

http://thespace.org/content/s000004u/index.html

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Anybody else having problems with the site? Cant open the record collection

Anybody else having problems with the site? Cant open the record collection

Only the 'A's are available to flip through for the time being. As is stated, the other letters will exponentially be added up to September 2012.
Perhaps the titles may increase too, after that :shrug: JP would have had an AWFULLY large record collection, for sure.

Here's The Pig, his missus talking about it;
An introduction | The Space

In that last photo of John from that vid, he's holding a yellow record cover that I used to own. It's a rare psychedelic album, and it makes me drool to wonder at what treasures he owned!
Legend, albeit somewhat difficult to listen to whole hours of his shows due to the amount of awful dreck that he allowed airtime to for the sake of musical open-mindedness!

Loads of bands owed him for their livings though. He certainly championed the cause of Pink Floyd, and Tyrannosaurus Rex in their early days.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Only the 'A's are available to flip through for the time being. As is stated, the other letters will exponentially be added up to September 2012.
Perhaps the titles may increase too, after that :shrug: JP would have had an AWFULLY large record collection, for sure.

Here's The Pig, his missus talking about it;
An introduction | The Space

Said on the news this morning that the collection was in the region of 26000.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Really want to get my hands on some of those tunes. Do i need Spotify?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
No still only getting a black screen - assuming it is my ISP not the site.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Said on the news this morning that the collection was in the region of 26000.

thumbnail.aspx

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Classic stuff. I can see a lot hours spent trawling Peel's sprawling collection of musical genius and stuff you really don't even want to hear once.
Delighted to discover Aardvark sound exactly like I thought they would, guided by the LP cover and the fact it was on Deram and released in 1970.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports