Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hey Jude and Sweet Caroline

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yesterday it was good for the occasion - a sing along all joined in and the Grimsby fans etc. but usually, it’s a no from me. End and start of game, let the fans take control of it all…

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As someone who goes to the Amex to watch the ACTUAL football played on the pitch, I can honestly say I cannot contain my indifference about what music, video, lights or any other form of 'display' they play/show before, during or after the game (as long as it never plumbs to the depths of goal music!) :shrug:
I fear we are edging towards goal music, it’s getting very NBA with light shows, fan zone, music immediately after the final whistle killing the natural applause/atmosphere for the players walk around.
As for the darts music whose idea was that? People will be coming in fancy dress holding up it’s a goal placards before long.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I fear we are edging towards goal music, it’s getting very NBA with light shows, fan zone, music immediately after the final whistle killing the natural applause/atmosphere for the players walk around.
As for the darts music whose idea was that? People will be coming in fancy dress holding up it’s a goal placards before long.
That's been around for AGES! Possibly since the first season at the Amex!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yesterday it was good for the occasion - a sing along all joined in and the Grimsby fans etc. but usually, it’s a no from me. End and start of game, let the fans take control of it all…
Same for me. Folk saying yes but it helps create atmosphere at the end of the game... in my experience, when we've won a game there's never been an issue with fans not singing the players off (thinking of, for example, the Leicester game this season which was fantastic at full time before all this blaring music nonsense started)
Yesterday it would've been great to have been able to sing Wembley songs etc at full time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh some rite ard lads on here

Post match celebs from all stands ..so all inclusive….and not including Sweet Caroline ..very sorry …I’ll try and get that next time

@Bold Seagull 5000 in one stand not 5000 Brighton fans left.

I tried to multi quote but it didn't happen? :shrug:

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
The club are leaving no space for fans to sing after the game. That's a shame but fair enough they want to create a party/upbeat mood even if it is all a bit Now That's What I Call A Soccer Celebration.
I fear we are counting down the day til the cardboard clappers arrive.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
@Bold Seagull 5000 in one stand not 5000 Brighton fans left.

I tried to multi quote but it didn't happen? :shrug:
I was in ESU with my Mum (who likes Neil Diamond btw..:smile:) Anyway, by the time it came on, the stands were very sparse, 20 -30 % of the home crowd left in the stadium when...."Where it began, I can't begin to knowing" started up...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ha, I remember that- they were claiming it was their 'newly-adopted club anthem' :ffsparr:

Glad they replaced it with the far superior:

I think I can use the word “embarrassing” for that :smile:

How very Tinpot, I think Bournemouth should tweek the lyrics and use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here