Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hey Jude and Sweet Caroline

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Song choice aside, I personally don't mind songs before a match starts, or after it finishes, it's only during the game I think that other 'entertainment' belongs in shit American sports, rather than god's game.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Just stop the music . . .its naff. Too loud, and not football. Embarassing And unbearable.

you only have to see people running away from the ground at 86 minutes for proof. 🙄

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Don't have a problem with either song. Your point about allowing fans to make the atmosphere is interesting given how often there are complaints on here of fans not actually making an atmosphere !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd not noticed sweet caroline being played for quite a while. Was definitely annoyed by it's return.

The problem I have with Hey Jude is that almost all clubs supporters sing their team name to it, so it's a chance to encourage away supporters to get up and sing and support their team. It's too universal and helps opponents.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Fanzone is awful. The songs are awful.
But it’s for the kids or whatever. Fine.

But then then keep the bloody thing going until the second before we kick off!

Have it by all means. Just tone it down a bit and get some better songs in there.

Sweet Caroline is acceptable on days like today, after we’ve won. But give us some time to sing football songs. Was like being at the basketball today.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I thought that at full time that playing 'Sweet Caroline' for a bunch of Northerners that had just lost 5-0 having spent a weekend down south in Wetherspoons in Brighton and Eastbourne without any Chips n Gravy, Rugby League or Regal cigarettes was a nice touch by the club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fanzone is awful. The songs are awful.
But it’s for the kids or whatever. Fine.

But then then keep the bloody thing going until the second before we kick off!

Have it by all means. Just tone it down a bit and get some better songs in there.

Sweet Caroline is acceptable on days like today, after we’ve won. But give us some time to sing football songs. Was like being at the basketball today.

Is there still the bit “… your hands up for Bri-ton”?

A cross between US Razzmatazz and CBeebies, embarrassing at a football match.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes we must ban people enjoying themselves…..stayed to applaud the players off as per usual …looked around and gosh….people were clapping, dancing ..singing along ….oh how naughty of them ..we should put a stop to this and make sure the miserable barstewards from yester year have their way ..I’ll email Barbs in the morning to say so

🤦‍♂️

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If I never hear Sweet Caroline again in my lifetime it will be too soon. It makes me want to hack the flesh off my own face with a rusty bone saw.
Agree. I remember a game at Reading a few years ago- the ultimate Noddy club- and they played it about fifteen times that night.

Somebody suggested on Twitter earlier that if we want some upbeat EDM to end a game with, then Ecuador by Sash would fit the bill on so many levels, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Normally I'd agree Sweet Caroline has run it's course. However today was an unexpected comeback for it as the away fans belted it out with synchronized haddock pointing. It was a proper moment, now at least it can go out on a high.
Agree with that. Normally I hate it but it did seem to capture the occassion today. The after match was good fun.

I’m pleased so many Albion fans stayed and were able to applaud the Grimsby players and fans when they went. As Barney Ronay said, the whole day was very feel good.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Agree. I remember a game at Reading a few years ago- the ultimate Noddy club- and they played it about fifteen times that night.

Somebody suggested on Twitter earlier that if we want some upbeat EDM to end a game with, then Ecuador by Sash would fit the bill on so many levels, and I agree wholeheartedly.
Ha, I remember that- they were claiming it was their 'newly-adopted club anthem' :ffsparr:

Glad they replaced it with the far superior:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
As i said on another thread, absolutely ridiculous that we played that dross to the away end had a nice time, rather than celebrated our own team getting to Wembley with 'Que Sera Sera'.

"Oh wasn't it nice to see the Grimsby fans " what a load of wet blanket nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here