Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heskey and Guzan released at Villa

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Guzan maybe, wouldn't think he was on loads, heskey, no way, wasn't he on 50k a week at villa

and now he's on £0 per week. What he was on at Villa doesn't really mean anything. I would have thought he's bright enough to know he won't be on anything approaching that now.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Guzan would be a decent addition, he was offered a new contract but dismissed it as he wants playing time. Certainly a decent keeper.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
and now he's on £0 per week. What he was on at Villa doesn't really mean anything. I would have thought he's bright enough to know he won't be on anything approaching that now.

Very true sir, but if he thinks he can still play at the highest level, he would expect those wages, if he does drop down to the championship, he would want to sign for, say, Bolton or blackburn, or a 'bigger' team who tend to throw silly money about, if he joined us and was on 15k or example, would be massively surprised

The Giant Bolster

Apr 18, 2012
Very true sir, but if he thinks he can still play at the highest level, he would expect those wages, if he does drop down to the championship, he would want to sign for, say, Bolton or blackburn, or a 'bigger' team who tend to throw silly money about, if he joined us and was on 15k or example, would be massively surprised

Blackburn and Bolton are both skint, although they could probably afford him on parachute payments

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

One of my Leicester supporting mates says Heskey isn't the sort of player who moves because of money. He'll move to a team where he think he'll play regular first team football.

Oct 25, 2003
would certainly take guzan........been a tad unlucky in that during his time at Villa he's had friedel and given as competition

also, gus hasn't had an american yet, sign him up

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The best Heskey will get anywhere is about £20k pw. He's not really up to Prem football other than in a squad cover capacity and cant see that many teams wanting him unless its for sensible wages. I think he would be excellent for us but only if the price is right.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I doubt very much he'd be expecting that sort of wedge given his age. I reckon he'll go to anywhere that'll offer him 20k a week. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Stoke to be honest.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'd be looking at Carlos Cuellar as well personally. Could link up well with Vicente.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I think he will go back to where it all began... Leicester City.

He loves the club and I think he donated some money when they were in administration a few years back.

And now Leicester have the money to be able to offer him very good money for The Championship, as well as a realistic chance of success.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Would have both of them. Heskey would gives us a dimension up front which we don't have and we have tried to fill in the last two seasons with Billy Paynter and Chris Wood. Guzan was MLS keeper of the year in 2007. The Yanks always churn out good solid goalkeepers.

So it's a yes from me, you're both through to the next round.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
A Villa fan tweeted this on the BBC: "Heskey, Cuellar and Guzan released by Aston Villa. That's £125,000 per week saved." Don't know if that's an accurate estimate, it seems that any players released from premier league teams will have to take vast wage cuts to further their careers.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Guzan is a good call as we can give him what he wants - regular first team football. No idea what he was paid at Villa but it cant of been that much, but he may well take a pay cut for regular football anyway.

Cuellar i cant see us getting and Heskey is possible, but i can see him going back to Leicester.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Brad Guzan . . Yes
Carlos Cuellar . . Yes
Heskey . . Yes
But none of us knw what wage demands would be so a lot of speculation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here