Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He's got another game ....

GuildGull

Jul 14, 2009
Just got a text of my mate who is 'CLOSE to the action' at the Albion, and he's reliably imformed me that he's got another game to see how things go .... shame! .... a game wasted in my opinion!

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
What is 1 game going to make?

SO what, we manage to get 3 points against Hartlepool but pick up 0 points throughout the whole of November. :annoyed:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i disagree i think he deserves the chance, should we lose on saturday then i'll accept he should go but for what if did last season he shouldn't go before saturday. I just hope the crowd gets behind him.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
i disagree i think he deserves the chance, should we lose on saturday then i'll accept he should go but for what if did last season he shouldn't go before saturday. I just hope the crowd gets behind him.

If he deserves a chance, he should be given until the end of November - and he should get some sort of public backing from the Board. To give him one more game is pointless. We may well beat Hartlepool but then have some very tough fixtures after that

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What does that mean - he's got ONLY one more game?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
So he has one more game. If we scrape a draw or we fluke a win - what happens then? Surely the only thing that would make any difference would be a resounding victory - and that would probably just be another false dawn.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If he deserves a chance, he should be given until the end of November - and he should get some sort of public backing from the Board. To give him one more game is pointless. We may well beat Hartlepool but then have some very tough fixtures after that

I think given the poor start to the season it should be made clear to Slade and to the fans that he has a further six games (20 in total) to get things right. 15 games is not enough of a chance. If we lose these games then I don't doubt we will be be bottom but it gives Slade a decent crack at the job he was backed to do.

Sadly I believe, a loss against Hartlepool and Bloom will bow to fan pressure and get rid. Would he have been given a fair chance? i think 15 games would suggest not but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we lose on Saturday TB may defer judgement until after the cup match and if we lose this also , TB will surely have no other option but to fire him.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just got a text of my mate who is 'CLOSE to the action' at the Albion, and he's reliably imformed me that he's got another game to see how things go .... shame! .... a game wasted in my opinion!

Does this person have a name?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That would be f***ing stupid WHEN we lose on Saturday RS's position would be totally untenable.

Not if it meant the dynamic duo were in charge for the cup match which would be totally unacceptable to the fans waiting until a new manager is brought in.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Are we going to get one of these every week from now on. Pretty easy to do because eventually someone will be right be it next week or in 5 years time

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Not if it meant the dynamic duo were in charge for the cup match which would be totally unacceptable to the fans waiting until a new manager is brought in.

I would hope if RS goes TB will have Coppell or someone lined up with their backroom staff ready as well. If we have one game without a manager just let Steve Brown take the team for one game.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

I totally agree and anyone going should get behind the team 100%. I want the guy to do well here, but and the same time if things dont start to improve and quickly then something needs to change.

At least let us do our bit and get behind the team from the off. We at least owe Slade that much from last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am told Tony Bloom, Russel Slade and Charlie Oatway were in The Sportsman earlier this evening and the atmosphere appearred very friendly with no apparent tension

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here