Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] He's been gone too long

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not sure how getting Luton to last seasons Championship playoffs is a failure. Sure he failed with Stoke, but his two tenures at Luton have been very good. How much that means when it comes to his PL credentials remains to be seen, but for a manager like Nathan Jones he'd be stupid to turn down an offer to manage a PL club.
Of course he'd be stupid to turn it down, and of course getting Luton to the play-offs isn't failure, I never said it was. But the fact remains he's done absolutely nothing in his career to date to suggest he'll be able to hack it in the PL. His achievements at Luton are like me wanting to be in the Olympic swimming team because I've got a certificate for swimming a width without armbands.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of course he'd be stupid to turn it down, and of course getting Luton to the play-offs isn't failure, I never said it was. But the fact remains he's done absolutely nothing in his career to date to suggest he'll be able to hack it in the PL. His achievements at Luton are like me wanting to be in the Olympic swimming team because I've got a certificate for swimming a width without armbands.
He got Luton, on a tiny budget, to a higher Championship finish, than Potter achieved at Swansea. :shrug:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He got Luton, on a tiny budget, to a higher Championship finish, than Potter achieved at Swansea. :shrug:
I don't think Swansea's budget was that big either, and Potter of course had had success before he came to Swansea and a reputation for being an original thinker. But fair enough, it's about opinions, I think Jones isn't a PL quality manager and others think he could well be. Hopefully we'll find out!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I am not much of a fan tbh, always struck me as a bit of a dick
"Here he is. Jonesy. (shakes head) I've just seen it mate. I thought you were bigger than that mate. Eh, you've gone down clutching your face. It's not even touched your face. It's not even touched your face mate. (shakes head) So there you go."

One of the more memorable post-match Albion interviews!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
"Here he is. Jonesy. (shakes head) I've just seen it mate. I thought you were bigger than that mate. Eh, you've gone down clutching your face. It's not even touched your face. It's not even touched your face mate. (shakes head) So there you go."

One of the more memorable post-match Albion interviews!

Great video. Always cracks me up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here