Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] He's 18

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Took a year off travelling in Europe although once I discovered the south of France , I ended up staying there for several weeks !

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
My mates and I were busy drinking ourselves into oblivion every weekend. Playing football on a Sunday morning, and sometimes puking up the previous evening's drink whilst they were picking sides. No career prospects, and dreaming of getting laid. Any money left over was spent on concerts. Thank god I managed to turn things around, despite leaving school with what I started with. Nothing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Partying, chilling, playing some football and working part-time as a football writer. Had a very hot girlfriend, actually too hot and I was a newbie boyfriend so she was gone before I knew it and oceans of friends (most later shattered all over the country). Good times. Evan will have to wait with those things until he is 38.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Dunno, I spent a lot of time sticking magazine pages together at that age so it's all a bit of a blur.
Thought that was just me.

Screenshot_20230323_074903_Google.jpg

Being boring and just starting work as a junior at a high street bank (remember them).

As an aside I hope he keeps his head and doesn't go down the Aaron Connolly route :(

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Living in a student house in Manchester with four other young Psychobilles.
Monday Student night at the Ritz
Tuesday Student night at Berlins
Wednesday local Irish pub in Rusholme or a gig
Thursday local Irish pub
Friday Gig somewhere in Manchester or wherever from Glasgow to London
Sat all of us were southerners so we would try and watch one of our teams was playing north of Birmingham, saw a lot of Pompey unfortunately, and then on to a gig.
Sunday local Irish pub.
Rinse and Repeat for about 4 years as we stayed on in the house after Uni.

Far too much alcohol and drugs, women were a plenty, I was somewhat handsome at that point and charming, both qualities I have lost as I have got older. Wasted so much money on drink, drugs, gigs and the bookies never really stopped until I was about 38.

I had a blast though, the only thing I would change is the day I walked into a bookies.

Would I swap it for playing for the Albion, damn right I wouldn't, I would have done an Aaron Connolly !

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Being a dick at Lewes Tech doing Business Studies and representing the college at Table football being the highlight! oh yes and finding the first Mrs.......

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Like most of you, I was being a dick.

But let's give this thread a bounce if ..... and it may never happen .... Evan or any young player of ours, says something, or does something that they will be less than proud of in middle age.

Maybe it will act as a reminder we didn't become the people we are now as of the moment we were born, we learned from our mistakes.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Being a dick working in bars and hotels. A little fresh behind the ears but this was resolved when I worked in a particular Hove hotel that used to have a lot of Stag parties. Worked behind the bar and was allowed to drink on duty and almost every stag do had strippers - often the same two so I assume they were recommended by the hotel. As an 18 year old I could only have dreamt of watching strippers' strip, then have sex with each other and then have sex with the guests - and for me to be paid to watch it. I loved being 18 !

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Getting chased down Lewes Road by 2 gentlemen from Sussex police who thought I'd robbed the Nat West bank
I should add that I was working there at the time and I had inadvertently taken one of the safe keys home which meant the manager couldn't get in to disable the alarm that went off automatically at 5.30. Had to go back but didn't quite get there in time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here