Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper's train cArNaGe

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bloody Germans copying the UK.

Next thing they'll be voting in a Coalition........oh

They're a bit twitchy about voting in single parties these days.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I recall forgetting to validate my train ticket on the way out to the Olympic Stadium just outside Berlin. Hells Bells and buckets of blood! I felt like the naughtiest little boy in Germany.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I recall forgetting to validate my train ticket on the way out to the Olympic Stadium just outside Berlin. Hells Bells and buckets of blood! I felt like the naughtiest little boy in Germany.

Ah yes, but when you make it to the other end having evaded the guards you feel like Steve McQueen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Ive noticed here that when somebody is caught on tram or metro, the whole carriage will be staring with a mixture of amusement, and disdain
In Holland the controllers were easy to spot at the tram stops. A group of people in wildy diferent styles of clothes, and usually, one white guy, one black guy, one Indonesian guy, and a woman. All the angles covered haha, but easy to spot.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you think there will be more or fewer strikes on UK trains/transport under a labour government than we have had in the past 5 years?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Do you think there will be more or fewer strikes on UK trains/transport under a labour government than we have had in the past 5 years?

Probably less, certainly no more, maybe the same. Depends on what a labour govt attitude to the railways is.

Today has shown up what an absolute disgrace our current version of railway management has been. I pity the poor staff who have had to deal with the public today in a very difficult situation which was not of their making.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

How can you tell if it's a strike or just the usual daily carnage?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How can you tell if it's a strike or just the usual daily carnage?

When there's a strike loads of people stay home, despite the fact that many trains still run, and the trains are so much less crowded, and the service seems to run smoothly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here