*** Herr Tubthumper's offizielle Deutschland gegen Brasilien Gewinde ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Hansen distraught. Why? What's it got to do with him? What a cock.

He is offering NO praise for Germany.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's Ozil's fault for not making it 8 at the other end. Never have a I seen an attacking player in a 7-1 win look so unlikely to either score or set anyone up...

if someone needed a goal, it was Ozil and it wont do him any good to have missed when they were scoring for fun.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hansen distraught. Why? What's it got to do with him. What a cock.

One would have thought he was used to humiliation

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Because this is his retirement. He is going out on tipping Brazil to win and they lose by the biggest ever semi final defeat. His legacy of 20 years of punditry will be this and you can't win anything with kids. He looks like a complete c8ck and he knows it...

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

I dont get it either, Germany have just steamrollered and crushed Brazil in their own backyard in a frigging World Cup semi final. That takes guts, determination, confidence and a fair degree of skill. Germany were quite simply brilliant and made Brazil look crap, all Hansen can negatively monotonously drone on about is how dissapointed he is?! What a tool.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Rio says Germany are "well drilled". "Efficient". The man only knows how to talk in lazy cliches, and is another that the BBC should never have employed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Let's be honest though, with proper refereeing, Brazil probably wouldn't have got anywhere near the semi final in the first place!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I dont get it either, Germany have just steamrollered and crushed Brazil in their own backyard in a frigging World Cup semi final. That takes guts, determination, confidence and a fair degree of skill. Germany were quite simply brilliant and made Brazil look crap, all Hansen can negatively monotonously drone on about is how dissapointed he is?! What a tool.

i think the point is that the Brazillians conspired to make Germans look brilliant, rather than say good and clinical. this is the same German side that since their opening game haven't been entirly convincing and made hard graft past other opponents. a slightly organised and competent Brazil could have made a game of it, even at 2-0 down, but they utterly capitulated, save a spell in the second half. only about 4 players, the subs+Bernard, actually seemed to give a crap, though even then only for 20-30minutes. for a home side in a semi final it was appalling and while Hansen might be milking it to play to character, it was pretty embaressing for most the first half how bad a semi finalists team could "play".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i think the point is that the Brazillians conspired to make Germans look brilliant, rather than say good and clinical. this is the same German side that since their opening game haven't been entirly convincing and made hard graft past other opponents. a slightly organised and competent Brazil could have made a game of it, even at 2-0 down, but they utterly capitulated, save a spell in the second half. only about 4 players, the subs+Bernard, actually seemed to give a crap, though even then only for 20-30minutes. for a home side in a semi final it was appalling and while Hansen might be milking it to play to character, it was pretty embaressing for most the first half how bad a semi finalists team could "play".

How many teams are ever utterly convincing across all their world cup games? Germany have done enough in every game and saved plenty in the tanks for the latter stages when it is needed. There is no point running when you can walk in the WC. They have put in control performances when needed and big performances when also needed. I also think Low deserves a lot of credit for his handling and selection of the squad and his sparing use of Klose has proved to be utterly spot on. The pressure on this German team is immense but they, unlike Brazil, have stepped up to the plate. Brazil did not capitulate on their own....give the Germans some credit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This. I caught some of Hansen's comments and thought he was a knob. Fair play for Shearer and Lineker for countering his negatvitiy.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Have to agree re: Hansen. A quite astounding result and Hansen is absolutely distraught?? Glad he's retiring. Germany played magnificently for all Brazils many flaws and had a Brazilian side done what Germany did last night all we'd hear is about the sensational Brazilian football was, this was a masterclass and Germany deserve every credit.

Instead we got wallowing in misery of Brazils demise, when they finally got on to giving the Germans credit the first words describing it were efficient, ruthless, clinical. Unbelievable. Yes, they may have been those things but they were much, much more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well that was quite an evening. I watched the game at home but went out on my bike around the city afterwards to soak up some of the craziness I could hear outside my apartment. Fireworks, cars driving around with people hanging out of them beeping their horns, singing etc. My cycle to work this morning was mainly over broken glass and other detritus.

I'm clearly biased but I really respect the DBF and the Bundesliga for sitting down together in 2000 and developing a coherent strategy to get the nation's national team back on track and winning again. Even if they do not win the trophy they can be proud of their achievements to date.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have to agree re: Hansen. A quite astounding result and Hansen is absolutely distraught?? Glad he's retiring. Germany played magnificently for all Brazils many flaws and had a Brazilian side done what Germany did last night all we'd hear is about the sensational Brazilian football was, this was a masterclass and Germany deserve every credit.

Instead we got wallowing in misery of Brazils demise, when they finally got on to giving the Germans credit the first words describing it were efficient, ruthless, clinical. Unbelievable. Yes, they may have been those things but they were much, much more.

This. As I said Brasil did not capitulate on their own. The German midfield is rife with talent and they were swarming all over Brazil in the first half.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
57% of Brazil is covered in rain forest, the rest is covered by Manuel Neuer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports