Here's another one for you......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JuicySeagull

Feb 6, 2008
Derby
What player was Brian Clough's first signing as manager of the Albion?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
andy rollings ( no idea BTW I only started watching the albion in 1975) Before that I hadnt even heard ofd them apart from the 8-2 Rovers game

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
adrian owers?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Peter Grummit.

JuicySeagull

Feb 6, 2008
Derby
To put all your minds at rest (or to let you know, as some may not be bothered!)
Brian Clough's 1st signing as Albion gaffer was......Ken Goodeve.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
What ever happened to him? hardly set the world alight.

He then bought a pair of players from Burnley and Blackpool. Harry Wilson, Ronnie Welch, Paul Fuschillo and who was the other?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Thank you. I think he & Wilson were the Blacpool pair. Billy Mc was around for many years after leaving Albion and think he managed Rotherham & Sheff Utd.

Harry Wilson was a very popular left back, where did he go? Fuschillo looked very good but injury put paid to him and not sure what happened to Welch.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
To put all your minds at rest (or to let you know, as some may not be bothered!)
Brian Clough's 1st signing as Albion gaffer was......Ken Goodeve.

Peter Grummit was signed on loan from Sheffield Wednesday and Ken Goodeve came from Luton, both at the same time following our 8 - 2 defeat to Bristol Rovers.

:(

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
andy rollings ( no idea BTW I only started watching the albion in 1975) Before that I hadnt even heard ofd them apart from the 8-2 Rovers game

If ever you want a cup of tea at Preston Park, go to the Chalet Café, and Andy Rollings will happily sit and talk with you about his playing days.

I did just that one time, and I remember him saying 'when Cloughie signed me, he said 'young man, there are two types of footballers at my club - there are violinists and there are bricklayers - and I can't ever see you with a bow...' '

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports