Heres an idea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
But if Tony Bloom isnt worried.....why are you so upset about it.
I wouldnt mind betting that the new manager, if the existing one is on his bike, is already insitu, just not been at the Amex and nobody but TB and his board know about it.
TB didnt get where he is today with his wedge without being very astute.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am sure that in the early summer, when the football 'industry' goes off on its holiday, our club can get by without a manager.

As far as training is concerned - there isn't any right now. Everyone is on holiday.

From the perspective of signings, the Albion's head of football operations, David Burke, plus MD Paul Barber will be poised ready to enter the bidding wars for players, once these players and their agents have come home from Margate with their buckets and spades. The Manager will be a third member of this team.

A shopping list will have been drawn up a long time ago - probably with Gus' input - and the negotiations will commence shortly.

Let's not panic. Everything is under control.

lets hope so

I wouldnt mind betting that the new manager, if the existing one is on his bike, is already insitu, just not been at the Amex and nobody but TB and his board know about it.
are you sure he is not worried
you know more than me and many others then

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I know bugger all. But I trust Tony Bloom.
I guess i'm an optimist, whereas you are a pessimist

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The problem is that the memory of the Hinshelwood disaster is still relatively fresh.

At the time the same arguments were used about football being on holiday. In fact there was a summer international tournament on as well to provide extra excuses.

But it turned into a complete debacle of a season ending in relegation.

Now it's not quite time to panic, but if it isn't sorted out within 3 more weeks I reckon next season will be a grim.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I know bugger all. But I trust Tony Bloom.
I guess i'm an optimist, whereas you are a pessimist

if you knew me you would know my glass is always half full
trouble is someone has knocked the bloody thing over

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
not without a manager
I love all those that are turning up or rather were turning up that maybe used to go to London or did not go to football at all
you honestly don't think they will like being faffed about like this do you
and one other point if this mess had happened at MU it would have been sorted by now
aspirations cobblers

I kind of agree as am getting pretty fed up of the situation. However, if stuff is going on behind the scenes and we are looking at players as well as a new manager and end up having a decent start to the season, all this will be forgotten very quickly.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The problem is that the memory of the Hinshelwood disaster is still relatively fresh.

At the time the same arguments were used about football being on holiday. In fact there was a summer international tournament on as well to provide extra excuses.

But it turned into a complete debacle of a season ending in relegation.

Now it's not quite time to panic, but if it isn't sorted out within 3 more weeks I reckon next season will be a grim.

I don't have any fear of that to be honest. We were scraping the barrel for a manager and players at that time and were playing at Withdean.

I am a little concerned it might mean we have a mid table season this year when we wanted to build on last year but in my view we already have a stronger squad than the one who came 10th two years ago.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
All sorted anyway I would imagine just that us mortals don't know the answers yet

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

That's encouraging then.

ps Where is Tony Bloom at the mo?

el punal

I have no beef with Tony and I know the fans love him so why this mess
I asked these questions 3 weeks ago
and people then said Oh things will work out ,they will sort it
we are only a few weeks away from pre-season training and we do not have a manager
that worries me and lots of others

Sorry, but have I missed something here? When have the club announced that we don't have a manager? I was under the impression that there was an INTERNAL club inquiry following the announcement that Gus and his coaching staff had been suspended. Let's just wait and see and I'm sure all will be revealed sometime soon.

Patience is the watchword, after all we had to wait 14 years for our new ground this is just nano-seconds in comparison.

Enjoy the garden!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The whole thing is getting tedious now.

even Everton has new manager...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
if you knew me you would know my glass is always half full
trouble is someone has knocked the bloody thing over

That is brilliant,but you do not realize that i had that barmaid knock that old warm pint over,so you could have an fresh ice cold one on me,and you get to see more of her and her assets as she cleans the table for you............now that's optimism..

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
so I/we are being told that the great Albion is now a corporate business and we/you are no longer fans but customers now when we were in business everyone told us that the customer was always right and you had to keep the customer happy,we did and we done OK .
Happiness is playing good football and keeping the fans OOPS sorry customers happy and they will come in droves and you have we were all happy and even when things went wrong we/you all stuck together.
we have hit a hurdle and there must be discussions and no doubt there have been and we really could do with knowing what has happened or whats going to happen very soon please

SO SORT IT OUT

Go and have a **** over a picture of cat........cock!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Go and have a **** over a picture of cat........cock!

do you know this was a reasonable thread until your post
are you pissed or are you just like this all the time
moron

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
One small point.

A number of times in this thread and many others I've read things such as "TB has invested X millions, he isn't going to **** it up."

I think there's a failure of logic here. I'm sure his level of investment shows that he doesn't intend to **** it up. And his wealth suggests that he hasn't ****ed too many things up so far. And I personally don't expect him to FIU. But investment itself is no guarantee, as football shows with monotonous regularity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports