Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

heres a little more straight off sky sports

jimmy hill's chin

Jul 5, 2003
Tottenham have completed the signing of England Under-21 striker Bobby Zamora for a bargain £1.5million.

The relatively low price will cause Brighton fan acute discomfort as they watch their star man jet off to the big time.

Relegated Gulls are believed to have turned down a £3million bid for Zamora from Everton less than a year ago.

But the player's agent Phil Smith revealed: "The fee for Bobby is £1.5 million which is a decent price in today's market for a Second Division striker."

Zamora, who scored 14 goals in 36 appearances last season for Brighton despite the club being relegated to Division Two, admitted that nothing would have stopped him joining Spurs.

"I've finally done it so I'm delighted," he said. "I'll have to work hard and if it all goes well I can play a few games. It's going to be a challenge but I know I'm going to learn from the calibre of players here.

"The Premiership is the league to be in and I expect every aspect of the game to be a lot harder, but I'm looking forward to it."

Manager Glenn Hoddle told Sky Sports News: "I watched him closely for two seasons before we signed him. He's got a little bit of everything and now we have got three young strikers. It's good to have that little bit of pace.

"He's a proven goalscorer outside the Premiership and I'm sure he can score goals in the Premiership. I was at Brighton a few times watching him and people put two and two together. It's been a fairly long haul but we're delighted he has signed.

"He has a few strings to his bow and he's shown what a talent he's got to be able to take on different roles and produce the goods.

"We didn't get anyone in during the winter break and then we got some injuries and that hurt us. But that allowed us to have the financial clout to have a go in the summer."

Hard-up Brighton will bank even less than £1.5 million for their star performer who has netted 76 goals in 123 League games.

Thirty percent of the fee goes to Bristol Rovers under a clause in the transfer agreement that was struck when they sold him to Brighton for £175,000 three years ago.

Brighton manager Steve Coppell said: "It is a big move for Bobby and nobody really expected could hang onto him for much longer. But it has blown a big hole in any plans I had.

"I don't have a better option than playing with Bobby Zamora up front. But everybody knows the club needs money and the fee is up to the chairman (Dick Knight)".

The move comes just three weeks after Spurs paid £6.2million for Portuguese striker Helder Postiga and agreed to other payments based on performance which could eventually take the deal nearer £8million.

Spurs will finance the capture of Zamora and Postiga by continuing the clear-out of surplus players at White Hart Lane.

Defender Ben Thatcher has already joined Leicester for an undisclosed fee while Norway striker Steffen Iversen is negotiating with Wolves, with Tottenham's blessing.

Former England midfielder Darren Anderton also looks likely to complete a free transfer move to Portsmouth this weekend after Harry Redknapp's side return from a tour of the West Country.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
thesecondlegend said:
[
"Brighton manager Steve Coppell said: "It is a big move for Bobby and nobody really expected could hang onto him for much longer. But it has blown a big hole in any plans I had.

"I don't have a better option than playing with Bobby Zamora up front. But everybody knows the club needs money and the fee is up to the chairman (Dick Knight)".

Very Very Ominous ------TELL US THE TRUTH------------------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here