Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford re-launch

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
You very conveniently didn't answer my question wrt experiencing violence that day though, did you?

Thank you for emphasising my point.

It was hairy around the cattle market but I got out unscathed. Seen far worse.

Got attacked at Swansea City in 1992 but I don't hate the club, city or Wales.

A friend and I were bottled by four black lads in 2003 but I don't hate black lads.

I was beaten up by Angie Brown's security - mistaken identity, I was being sick on my shoes when someone throw a bottle on stage - but I still like her music.

I think you see the point I'm trying to make here.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

A friend and I were bottled by four black lads in 2003 but I don't hate black lads.

I was beaten up by Angie Brown's security - mistaken identity, I was being sick on my shoes when someone throw a bottle on stage - but I still like her music.

You are Pastor Niemoller and I claim my 57 drachma in used coinage! (leave them in a Waitrose bag by the Hove Lawn public toilets tomorrow).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I left about 20 minutes after the whistle in 1997. As we walked back to the car there were locals wanting trouble. We had no branded clothing on, and a 9 year old in tow. We weren't suspected of being away supporters, but it was a little frightening.

That said, I can't help thinking that the area around the Goldstone would have been exactly the same for their supporters had roles been reversed. Additionally, I'm sure most of their fans weren't a part of this.

My memory of the day is seeing youngsters in tears after the match, and sad parents trying to console them. I felt sorry for them. A bitter chairman and a few generic knobheads doesn't change my view.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I wouldn't wish a club extinction on anyone - even Palace, as they have some decent proper fans like all clubs - so I wish Hereford and their fans all the best.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The day of the Windsor Castle fire. I went on the coach that night. I heard a couple of lads had there car window smashed.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
The day of the Windsor Castle fire. I went on the coach that night. I heard a couple of lads had there car window smashed.

Yep, that was me and my friends.

The window was smashed while we were sitting in the car! A boulder, along with the shattered window, landed on my lap.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Having parked near the station in 1997, the feeling on the walk back after the game more like Norwood/Bermondsey in the 70's.
The general high humidity and mugginess of the weather, the chatter of the chopper overhead, the sound of police sirens, and eyeing any group of blokes with suspicion.
Not many colours about, but probably the biggest giveaway was that anyone wearing shorts was almost certainly Brighton!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
My memory of Hereford 97 was totally different. We stayed for a while after like most, but when we left we didn't see a single Hereford fan, walking to the car or driving out the town. I'd assumed to this day that they'd all buggered off and it was all peaceful!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't remember seeing any trouble on my way out after the game. Maybe I was celebrating in the ground long enough to miss it.

I remember some trouble by the station after the cup game the following season. :shrug:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Saw lots of bother that day ,we were ok .I got attacked outside the home end at Aldershot v Hereford in a Conference Play Off Semi Final by some pissed Hereford Fan and i still wouldn't want too see them without a team.As a footnote the game in 97 was 3rd May ,the day we won The conference Semi Final on Penalties was 3rd May 2004 and the trouble was a lot worse that day.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

But SF - you are missing the point - one of my family members was shaken up badly... not some scrape
when I was younger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here