Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford away

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
A few questions as this is my first trip up there...

1) Is there a good away pub to go to before the game?
2) Do Hereford still hate us after what happened in 97?
3) Do most fans get tickets for the terraces?
4) Why is it so cheap?

I know it's 10 days away but am already excited. I don't get to that many away games....

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
1.Barrels
2.Proberly
3.Why sit down when you can stand on a terrace
4.Because there grounds shit and there poor northeners

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

4) Why is it so cheap?

I know it's 10 days away but am already excited. I don't get to that many away games....

1) I hope to discover this next week
2) who cares
3) yes
4) because Edgar Street is one of the few remaining shitholes in the Football League (and I say this quite conscious of our rubbish stadium)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i quite liked edgar street on the previous two visits

its not all ticket is it?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It's not all ticket.

I can imagine though with our recent run of form that we'll be taking several thousand up there, so am getting my tickets in advance, just in case.

i think that is wise

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

4) Why is it so cheap?

1. Not sure about pub.
2. They still hold a grudge, and maybe not suitable to find a pub before the game if their Anti-Border Firm decide to pop up.
3. Terracing is far better then sitting, plus it will feel very strange after 97.
4. Because the stadium is f***ing shit, and it is out in the middle of nowhere.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

It's in the middle of town!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
1. Not sure about pub.

I'd swap it for Withdean anyday! Yes it ain't great, and some parts of the ground give shit views, but even a few thousand in the ground gives a half decent atmosphere. I'd give m right arm for a covered terrace at Withdean.

1.Barrels
2.Proberly
3.Why sit down when you can stand on a terrace
4.Because there grounds shit and there poor northeners

Your geography is as poor as your English.
And it is not cheap, Crawley Gull. The terrace price at Edgar Street has more than doubled since 1997, whereas retail prices have risen by nowhere near that rate. Everybody nowadays seems to be accepting that the cost of attending a football match should be more than the cost of a DVD player.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Loads of decent pubs in Hereford (at least there was when I lived there a few years ago). Some good ones down by the Cathedral and the river. Always consider popping into some pubs in the villages heading into Hereford. Ledbury has a few good pubs as well. The locals still have a grudge against us, but most are friendly. I'm sure there will be a few chavs looking for trouble though just because they will have nothing else to do!

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
And it is not cheap, Crawley Gull. The terrace price at Edgar Street has more than doubled since 1997, whereas retail prices have risen by nowhere near that rate. Everybody nowadays seems to be accepting that the cost of attending a football match should be more than the cost of a DVD player.

Is Hereford not up north then?
I always thought anywhere above Watford was up north!!

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley

That may be so, but it's still really cheap for a league 1 game. It's costs the same to watch Crawley!

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

4) Why is it so cheap?

1) Wouldnt if i were you
2) Yes, loads and loads
3) Yes
4) Welsh

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Worst ground to drive to perhaps apart from hartlepool i can think of,seems to take forever, on the plus side never had any trouble down that way folk seem to be quite chummy in a un bummy type of way.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
The Barrels (Wye Valley Brewery tap) and the Victory (Spinning Dog Brewery tap) are both worth a visit, and have the bonus of being virtually opposite one another in St Owen Street, 20-25 mins walk to Edgar Street. Avoid the Kerry at all costs.

Since they have re-entered the league many have forgiven us but there will be a few that just won't forget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here